Missfires not so common these days

lakeside1000

No pain here, I just like claims to be backed up by something solid.

I have happily dealt with my own occasional misfires and lots from other people, they normally got put aside and when a few had accumulated they would be stripped down for the components and the powder was used for fireworks.

The unused primers went in to the burn box and were destroyed on our next outing to the range.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Spellage!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No pain here, I just like claims to be backed up by something solid.

I have happily dealt with my own occasional misfires and lots from other people, they normally got put aside and when a few had accunmulated they woukld be stripped down for the components and the powder was used for fireworks.

The unused primers went in to the burn box and were destroyed on our next outing to the range.

Im pretty much in line with you on the misfire's, but I'm somewhat surprised that you still 'need' me to provide 'you' with something more than a BASC Publication on the subject:hmm:

I'm willing to wager that they did their homework before categorically stating that something is 'illegal':whistling:

Wager away, but you stated to bury a single round was illegal and I asked for proof of your claim.:rolleyes:

And I gave to a link to someone else saying the same thing……… BASC!!!!!!  

Your turn:) (I would send a love heart if I could find one)

I wish you would stop making me laugh, its not good for my indigestion………. So both me and BASC have made unsubstantiated claims according to the RH Tightchoke:lol:

PS. Did you not stop to think about your last statement (aimed at winning a social media point) before you made it?  If everyone on a well used shooting ground decided to bury 'a single' round then its possible over time to end up with something akin to a minefield………  I'm guessing that the law in which BASC refer to was passed with this in mind:hmm:

PPS. There are many things in life that I know are illegal, but I'd be hard pressed to find you the relevant publications…..

And last of all, if you feel able to give an answer………  Do YOU think BASC have got it wrong, and that they DO NOT understand the word 'Illegal'???????

Edited by KB1

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Now you are waffling, please either state the law as you see it or retract your earlier unsubstantiated claim.

Reading in between the lines; your pride is dented:lol::lol:

Do YOU think BASC have got it wrong, and that they DO NOT understand the word 'Illegal'???????

Edited by KB1

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No pride dented at all, you simply read wrongly, like you did with trying to substantiate your pointless claim.

Can you tell us which law would make burying a single shotgun round misfire illegal?

Do YOU think BASC have got it wrong, and that they DO NOT understand the word 'Illegal'???????

Is it so difficult to answer?

1 hour ago, KB1 said:

It doesn't what?

As to what specific law, I haven't got a clue

I assume that your referring to the third person is me Ive now passed the onus onto BASC

You so want me to be wrong……… I can feel your pain TC

it doesn't remove the subjective nature of what one person deems safe practice. 

10 minutes ago, ClemFandango said:

it doesn't remove the subjective nature of what one person deems safe practice. 

"which I would have said is safe…" That was your statement.

If the law states it is illegal to bury misfire's then it removes any subjective interpretation of how you deem burial of that round to be safe……..

28 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not difficult to answer, I would like to see which law they and you think makes burying a single shotgun misfired round illegal, you cannot provide the answer and they do not offer a link to one.

Please retract you unsubstantiated claim.

Yes or No????

Yes I understand the word ILLEGAL, do you?  I simply wish to know what law anybody would be breaking by burying a single misfired shotgun round, you are unable to tell me and BASC are in bed.

You stated it was illegal, you say you were told a long time ago, then when held to account you searched and found that BASC say it is illegal in a quoted piece of guidance and again they do not mention which law it would be breaking.

I await you telling me which law and anyone else for that matter. I will then happily apologise if and when the law is quoted. In the mean time I have asked BASC which law they are on about and hope for an answer from them soon.

If you are unable to state the law in question please retract your unsubstantiated statement.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes I understand the word ILLEGAL, do you?  I simply wish to know what law anybody would be breaking by burying a single misfired shotgun round, you are unable to tell me and BASC are in bed.

You stated it was illegal, you say you were told a long time ago, then when held to account you searched and found that BASC say it is illegal in a quoted piece of guidance and again they do not mention which law it would be breaking.

I await you telling me which law and anyone else for that matter. I will then happily apologise if and when the law in quoted. In the mean time I have asked BASC which law they are on about and hope for an answer from them soon.

If you are unable to state the law in question please retract your unsubstantiated statement.

Yes or No????

That was the question to which you continually avoid the answer….

I provided substantiation, albeit not to your satisfaction:whistling: and regarding retraction of my statement, I will do that at the same time you get BASC to retract theirs!

You keep harping on about a single round as if thats somehow a demonstration of mitigation…….. If a law states 'No Burial' (and we will I'm sure soon find out from BASC where it is written in stone) it means just that; NO BURIAL!  Not one or one thousand…….

It would appear that you are just arguing for the sake of argument:hmm:  

Just now, motty said:

Mine field! :lol:

Akin to…… used as an analogy:)

KB1 until you or BASC or anyone else can tell me which law is being broken if someone was to bury a single misfired shotgun round I question the use of the word illegal which means a law has been broken.

You stated it and repeatedly fail to provide the backing for you unsubstantiated statement.

Consequently it is not illegal.

If you are unable to back up your claim or engage in reasoned argument perhaps you might be better off seeking out the proof you have failed to find.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Addition of KB1s name

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Until you or BASC or anyone else can tell me which law is being broken if someone was to bury a single misfired shotgun round I question the use of the word illegal which means a law has been broken.

You stated it and repeatedly fail to provide the backing for you unsubstantiated statement.

Consequently it is not illegal.

If you are unable to back up your claim or engage in reasoned argument perhaps you might be better off seeking out the proof you have failed to find.

BASC's statement is proof enough for me; after all it does seem to be a law based on common sense.

A scenario for anyone failing to grasp the gravity of such a law:

A shooting estate where guns have been burying 'the odd' misfire over the years is subsequently sold and the new owners stop the shoot and instead decide to let their kids play at the edge of the woods……. One day one of them goes metal detecting…. whacks in the spade and that tightly packed cartridge pops back up into their face! You could dream up many more scenarios….

You may scoff at the above, and see fit to pour ridicule on it, but if you can't see why a reasonable and sane law on burial of live rounds is credible, then in my opinion you are not fit to hold a license…...

So you can't, stop your waffling, we all accept disposing of a misfire by burying it is not the correct way but it is not illegal.

You are now trying to justify your mistake by saying "it does seem to be a law based on common sense.

A shooting estate where guns have been burying 'the odd' misfire over the years is subsequently sold and the new owners stop the shoot and instead decide to let their kids play at the edge of the woods……. One day one of them goes metal detecting…. whacks in the spade and that tightly packed cartridge pops back up into their face! You could dream up many more scenarios….

You may scoff at the above, and see fit to pour ridicule on it, but if you can't see why a reasonable and sane law on burial of live rounds is credible, then in my opinion you are not fit to hold a license."

Now you are trying to get personal, get a grip and admit you were wrong.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

2 minutes ago, KB1 said:

BASC's statement is proof enough for me; after all it does seem to be a law based on common sense.

You may scoff at the above, and see fit to pour ridicule on it, but if you can't see why a reasonable and sane law on burial of live rounds is credible, then in my opinion you are not fit to hold a license…...

You do actually think that a buried cartridge is really dangerous, don't you?

KB1 I await your apology about your comment i have hilighted in red, you are out of order.

Whilst you appear to be trying to justify the burial of a single live round, you'll be getting no apology from me!!!!

1 minute ago, KB1 said:

Whilst you appear to be trying to justify the burial of a single live round, you'll be getting no apology from me!!!!

Not exactly a live round though, more a piece of plastic and metal that contains a bit of powder.