Missfires not so common these days

lakeside1000

4 minutes ago, motty said:

You do actually think that a buried cartridge is really dangerous, don't you?

I'm not entitled to decide if or not, or to what level…… I would imaging a high load game cartridge could do a fair bit of damage if it was tightly packed in dry earth.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Okay then you are a damned fool who is unable to back up his claim and is then throwing around unwarranted abuse.

Thats your opinion, and your entitled to it…..

2 minutes ago, AYA117 said:

You sir are beyond the pale

And thats probably a step up from your last post…..

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I think it means he failed to understand what you meant.

Oh!  did not make any sense as my last post was the 'nanny knows best' HSE who do not think cartridges are dangerous, but you need a certificate to use a step ladder :lol:

Beyond the pale :yahoo:

To be honest I'm not rightly bothered about what you think about me, and no amount of social bullying will change my mind…….. If an organisation such as BASC make a clear statement on the legality of this subject, then I'm happy that its right.

For someone to split hairs and then spin things into harping about 'A Single Round' is just inane……  

If TC hadn't just cherry picked his responses and tried to be a smart alec, it wouldn't have gone this far.

Oh so it's my fault you were wrong and rude then is it?

How did I "cherry pick" my responses, I wrote them all in order, define cherry picking please.

From the start this whole thread has been about a single round!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Capitals

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well the point is you were wrong, were called to account, failed to come up with anything substantive then became rude and are now again stating things which you fail to back up.

Which again is your opinion, which frankly means little to me…...

Quote from BASC paper: "DO NOT dispose of live or misfired cartridges through domestic waste, burial or burning - it is illegal and dangerous"   Does that not count as some substantiation?

2 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Pack the squabbling and personal comments in please or the thread gets locked.

OK

1 hour ago, KB1 said:

"which I would have said is safe…" That was your statement.

If the law states it is illegal to bury misfire's then it removes any subjective interpretation of how you deem burial of that round to be safe……..

Do YOU think BASC have got it wrong, and that they DO NOT understand the word 'Illegal'???????

Yes or No????

yes, it makes it illegal to bury a misfired round. That's all it does. It doesn't remove any subjective interpretation of what is safe and what is not. 

as per my previous examples.

Just now, ClemFandango said:

yes, it makes it illegal to bury a misfired round. That's all it does. It doesn't remove any subjective interpretation of what is safe and what is not. 

as per my previous examples.

Im done arguing…….

Crikey! I didn't see all the rest of this thread until I just posted my last reply to KB1. 

I would be interested to see what law refers to the disposal of misfired ammunition, purely for my own interest, I may even look into it myself when I get time. 

other than that I was being pedantic for the sake of discussion and debat but I can see the thread has escalated and I don't want to fan the flames so I'll not post again on the subject.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So without that law which you cannot supply it is not illegal to bury a single misfired shotgun round is it?

Your clearly a confused individual. Why don't you just refrain from posting anymore tripe?  We've both been warned by a Mod and I tried to leave it there!

You will hopefully have your answer when BASC reply to your email;)