Anyone using the new sillo sock pigeon decoys

lakeside1000

I recently purchased a dozen of the new sillosock pigeons, they seemed a good idea as in a stiff breeze they open out like full bodied decoys, moving around like a wind sock on the single wire mount, however yesterday I had them out with several other half shells , but there was virtually no wind, as a result the bodies just sagged to the ground and the sides collapsed in making them the least lifelike decoys possible, in the end I gave up on them and packed them away, reverting back to just shells and a few dead birds.

On a windy day, 5 stars but on a still day useless.

Edited by lakeside1000

I have not handled them just seen pictures. How about a quick squirt of expanding foam in one or two as a stand by. OK I know the idea is you can fold a whole bunch together for carrying but the colouring looks good, too good to waste on a calm day. They would still probably move in a slight breeze as well.

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, getthegat said:

What about balloons ?

I have a habit of shooting very low birds over the decoys, so most of mine are peppered with shot holes, might be a problem if I use balloons, 

I like the idea of stuffing them but the reason I bought them was to reduce the amount of gear I carry, these pack down to almost nothing when folded and weigh even less, maybe I should save them for windy days?