Bang goes the Weekend

pigeon controller

I'm going shooting and it's raining it must be Saturday. So DB and myself set out at 08.00 to an area of our shooting permissions that we haven't been for a couple of years , yes we visit during the summer for the cereals but only get limited rape fields in the winter. As we drove out we saw no birds only pockets of birds under Oak trees, the morning flight was over. 

We pulled up to the gateway and scanned the long narrow field and saw nothing, I left the Disco to water the hedges and spooked approx ten birds out of the trees above us. They made a beline to some distant Oaks which then discharged  two hundred birds to the distance. So the birds are hear. 

So we set up against a holly hedge to protect us from the wind and rain , twelve fresh decoys with two on the magnet all set up and ready to go by 09.00, first two birds in on rails , both down. This lifted the flock and consecutive birds came in, in flocks of ten to twenty . After approx twelve flocks the birds just moved off to the distance not to return. So at 11.00 we packed up to keep looking. 

I'd seen two good flocks on Thursday so we drove the twenty miles to drive into the farm to find fifty sitting in the trees facing the wind and rain, as we drove through they too up and moved off. So we decided to look a the other farm , as we drove down the lane we expirenced a loud bang and dropped to the bump stops!!! So hazards on and drove the twenty miles back home. 

So the total for our day is eighteen pigeons and a dead Disco. I can't complain it's an 04 plate from new and covered 187 K and this is the fourth Air Spring I have replaced. 

I have known coils go but not that often and usually serious off roading.  Not a big job to replace though, so you hopefully will be out looking again quickly. Always enjoy your stories.

The weather has been a pig this last month or more here and not trustworthy, but fortunately all of my driven days this last season were dry ...amazing considering.

Next week promises drier weather and a good breeze.

53 minutes ago, JDog said:

Phlegmatic as usual.

Always half full never half empty!!!

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have known coils go but not that often and usually serious off roading.  Not a big job to replace though, so you hopefully will be out looking again quickly. Always enjoy your stories.

The weather has been a pig this last month or more here and not trustworthy, but fortunately all of my driven days this last season were dry ...amazing considering.

Next week promises drier weather and a good breeze.

The past weeks have been good shooting weather in the week then wet on Saturday and dry on Sunday. Don't shoot Sunday's, family day.

Edited by pigeon controller

53 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

I'm going shooting and it's raining it must be Saturday. So DB and myself set out at 08.00 to an area of our shooting permissions that we haven't been for a couple of years , yes we visit during the summer for the cereals but only get limited rape fields in the winter. As we drove out we saw no birds only pockets of birds under Oak trees, the morning flight was over. 

We pulled up to the gateway and scanned the long narrow field and saw nothing, I left the Disco to water the hedges and spooked approx ten birds out of the trees above us. They made a beline to some distant Oaks which then discharged  two hundred birds to the distance. So the birds are hear. 

So we set up against a holly hedge to protect us from the wind and rain , twelve fresh decoys with two on the magnet all set up and ready to go by 09.00, first two birds in on rails , both down. This lifted the flock and consecutive birds came in, in flocks of ten to twenty . After approx twelve flocks the birds just moved off to the distance not to return. So at 11.00 we packed up to keep looking. 

I'd seen two good flocks on Thursday so we drove the twenty miles to drive into the farm to find fifty sitting in the trees facing the wind and rain, as we drove through they too up and moved off. So we decided to look a the other farm , as we drove down the lane we expirenced a loud bang and dropped to the bump stops!!! So hazards on and drove the twenty miles back home. 

So the total for our day is eighteen pigeons and a dead Disco. I can't complain it's an 04 plate from new and covered 187 K and this is the fourth Air Spring I have replaced. 

You have got the true British Bulldog sprit P C and not forgetting DB , there are a lot of keen pigeon shooters on this forum but I don't think many come close to the commitment you two show week after week , rain , sleet , hail or snow and today a wounded disco, you are still there

If there was a medal for dedicated pigeon shooters , you two would be strong contenders in having one .