Alloy wheel revamp

billytheghillie

Tyres off , dipped, stripped, refinished inside and out any colour you want from £235 to £385 for four,  size dependant at my place. Flat spot repairs would be additional. 

Diamond cut polished rims £300 to £425 for four size dependant. (13inch to 22 inch.

Local/small Repairs to faces on painted rims approx £45 per wheel. 

And I'll look after you if you're on this forum.

2 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

Tyres off , dipped, stripped, refinished inside and out any colour you want from £235 to £385 for four,  size dependant at my place. Flat spot repairs would be additional. 

Diamond cut polished rims £300 to £425 for four size dependant. (13inch to 22 inch.

just a wee bit to far for me :good:

Cheapest I ever found was a friend of a neighbour, wanted £35 per wheel. That was mates rates! It it's light kerbing or scratches you can prob do it yourself with some body filler and paint! But it it's deep damage I would punt for the alloy built up with a tig weld and refinished. I need to do mine soon as two have some kerbing from the previous owner. 

On 10/02/2018 at 22:10, Pistol p said:

You don't happen to be local to mold area,on my phone sorry,I have 4 17" alloy mag wheels for my mopeds that need striping and painting. As in the pictures. 

DSC_0453.jpg

Sorry, not local to you mate. With bike wheels the process is a little more involved because of the bearings. Usually the wheels are acid dipped and coated, which can destroy the bearings. 

I’d suggest a trip to a few car dealers to ask who they use for wheel repair or refurb. Those guys may be morr suitable.

On 10/02/2018 at 22:10, Pistol p said:

That's about what I can get locally. Mine are corroded but undamaged and they quoted me £65 per wheel which included tyre removal & refit. I can drop the car off and pick it up about 4 days later, all done and dusted.

7 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Sorry, not local to you mate. With bike wheels the process is a little more involved because of the bearings. Usually the wheels are acid dipped and coated, which can destroy the bearings. 

I’d suggest a trip to a few car dealers to ask who they use for wheel repair or refurb. Those guys may be morr suitable.

Cheers and thanks,the whole hub comes out of the center of mine,took them today, bead blasted and primed £40 for 4 wheels, I'm going to have a go myself and see what happens. Any tips on paint and clear coat.