New Range South Wales

Hi Gentlemen

Just wondering how many of you would be interested ?

Im in the process of setting up a new range in the south Wales area. Things are moving quickly at the moment. The range has been designed out to 600 meters  and rated up to 50 cal. We will be eventually catering for target shooters, hunters, practical shotgun, clay pigeon, practical firearms, running boar and all DSC 1, 2 training courses including first aid, quad bikes etc.

We are Home Office Approved and currently have 85 members of which we have 16 Range officers, 2 firearms instructors, 1 International PSG range officer and 4 accredited witnesses   and growing weekly, we shoot on military ranges, practical shotgun ranges, Bisley and stalking all over UK until our own range is sorted.

We are currently in the process of negotiating a 21 year lease and hoping to be shooting around April / May. We have a very popular meeting for a meal and a chat every 6 weeks and have turnouts of 30 plus. We are also RFDs and try to the best for our members. We currently send out a stock list to all the email contacts we have and try to do the best for them. (If you want me to add you to my mailing list please text me your email asking to be added.)  

If you are interested in the club we charge a £50 membership fee until we are up and running. Annually it will be £150 a year.

Thanks for spending the time reading.

Brian

Tel: 07968 529747 / Email: brianllewellyn50@gmail.com

Follow us on Facebook. / Pro Shoot Firearms and Shooting club / You may have to request to be added.

Admin: Hope you don't mind me mentioning this, we all share the same interest. Thanks Brian  

Hi,

Without me joining the facebook group. Can you give some more details about range opening times even if it is just a provisional at this point. Will it be once a week, everyday etc? 

Do you intend to be able to shoot 12g slug?

Will it be open for someone to turn up and shoot or will it be a members only affair except for competition etc.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Just to answer a few questions, Its in the Caerphilly area and initially we will be opening Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, We are prepared to open 7 days a week if the membership numbers dictate it to be. Yes we will be shooting slug up there as its a big part of the practical shooting that we already do, And yes you can just turn up but the range fee will be more. We will eventually have a couple of clubs there including Practical Shotgun, Airgun, etc.

Thanks Brian  

Thank you Brian for the reply. Bit too far for me to realistically become a member, but if the range fees are reasonable I would certainly consider making a visit(s). It will become even more appealing once the bridge tolls reduce further/disappear. I look forward to when you are up and running and wish you the best with your venture.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:32, Vince Green said:

I had already contacted Brian because a friend on here had made me aware of the range. However Brian, could you tell us about the road access as I understand it used to be a bit bumpy.

We will be constructing a new road in a new location once the lease is signed.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:16, arm3000gt said:

Thank you Brian for the reply. Bit too far for me to realistically become a member, but if the range fees are reasonable I would certainly consider making a visit(s). It will become even more appealing once the bridge tolls reduce further/disappear. I look forward to when you are up and running and wish you the best with your venture.

No Worries you will be welcome anytime

Brian

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’d be interested in this Brian. I’m in Pontypool so not too far for me. Mainly into my air guns & am a member of a local clay pigeon shoot but numbers are low. Will you be providing club guns & will there be a hand gun range ? PM me if you want.

Gav

5 hours ago, Gavla said:

I’d be interested in this Brian. I’m in Pontypool so not too far for me. Mainly into my air guns & am a member of a local clay pigeon shoot but numbers are low. Will you be providing club guns & will there be a hand gun range ? PM me if you want.

Gav

As mentioned, the legal side of starting the club is dragging it's feet, but it will open eventually. I for one, cannot wait.