AGAIN!! Waste not want not

Walker570

Pity your so far away Mice , I now have about 100 stacked up here:good: and some of them are hard wood ..looks like beech. The deer and the tree rats just accept the Landie and I often just turn it part sideways and sit in the passenger seat with the window half down. I have a foam rail which sits on top of the window glass. I shot most of the munties from this position last year.

I badly need a set of shallow drawers for drills and such and the hard wood pallet sections are just the right width to make the drawers. Plan to build it into the steel framed work bench.

I also spoke with my local farmer where I do the fox/muntie/magpie culling and he has given me carte blanche to build a similar hide on the edge of his stock yard covering the side of a large section of woodland where there is a regular motorway for fox and muntie. Learned a great deal building the last one, so hope to make a better job this time.  A little higher to the window level for a start and narrower windows, they only need to be 6 inches. Also spend a bit more time getting the sections to fit correctly, that means measuring and cutting more accurately.  I may also put a curved roof on it as well.

Absolutely miserbale day today so indoor play.  Needed some tidy storage for drill bits, chisels, screwdrivers etc etc etc so set to and with the wood reclaimed from the pallets  and a bit of chip board I had lying about built a new set of dedicated drawers.  I had some 3mm mahogany faced ply from some sliding doors a log customer was wanting rid of. Emptied logs, put on trailer and now being used to face my drawers ...no comments please, keep the party clean ....   How long I am going to be able to keep them tidy I don't know but they are looking good so far.  Bit of Teamtractors hardwood used to make the handles.

2018-03-12 12.47.45 (800x450).jpg

2018-03-12 11.27.34 (800x450).jpg

Edited by Walker570

Just been there, nice job.    Yes, I have a bolt for the door because we suffer from ######y liberal types who think the world belongs them and their dogs .."Oh my, I'm not doing any damage and Pongo is really enjoying chasing that muntjac, I don't believe he will catch it, now where did he go?  Oh dear , I will have to shampoo him again when we get home ...PONGO...PONGOOOO"