.243 reloading powder

Hi All

I'm currently applying for my .243 and plan to reload for it mainly for deer stalking but also probably some lighter fox loads. Any recommendations on what powders its worth looking at? Preferably one which not being banned under the new REACH regulations as I don't want to start working up a load and fin out the powders being banned which is the current case with my .17 Hornet loads and H4198.

Cheers Zetter

Cheers Steve and Super Sharp Shooter 

Steve is H4895 heading for the banned list? It appears so from some of the stalking directory posts.

Super Sharp Shooter 

Thinking 100gn or 105gn for the bullets for deer as at the moment I am mainly booked in for Reds so need something with a bit of clout. Then probably 60gn for fox control.

Vhit 140 looks liker it does the job and as its an EU powder seems to be ok under REACH

I use 45grns of H414 and a 70grn TNT bullet. Absolutely insane destruction of foxes with no runners. Unfortunately it will be banned along with other Hodgdon's powders.

Removal Of Certain Smokeless Powders From The EU Market

As many already may know, certain smokeless powders will be banned from the EU market shortly, following the REACH guidelines for certain chemical compounds being located within the powder.

The list of powder due to be banned include the following:

Hodgdon

Trail Boss
Retumbo
H1000
H322
H335
H380
H414
H4198
H4350
H4831
H4831SC
H4895
US 869
CFE BLK
BL-C2
BENCHMARK
SUPERFORMANCE
HYBRID 100V
VARGET

IMR

BLUE PENDING CE APPROVAL
GREEN PENDING CE APPROVAL
RED PENDING CE APPROVAL
TARGET PENDING CE APPROVAL
UNEQUAL PENDING CE APPROVAL

I have noticed the Swiss powders appear to have undergone a bit of a price hike, you don't need to wonder why that is. It does lead to another question though, when the US sourced powders stop being imported. Is the supply chain of Vhit and Swiss capable of taking up the slack or are we going to have shortages?

I have been shooting a long time and I have seen shortages before