a very big thank you old farrier.

mel b3

hiya guys ,

im not quite sure if this is the right section really ,but ,  it was something that started as a diy project , so ill put it here.

a couple of weeks ago , i posted in the wanted section asking for bronze. it was to make a bronze axe and knife for a project. old farrier being the gentleman that he is , offered to send me some bronze , he asked me roughly what sizes and shapes that  i needed , and said that he'd sort a few bits out . well , nigel being the type of guy that he is , extremely skilled , and extremely generous , he only did all the work , and sent me the almost finished articles. i've done my best to save most of the forge marks in the bronze , but i'm a clumsy oaf and most have now vanished , and ive shaped the axe edge and knife edge , and put a rough oak handle on the knife(i did sharpen them both , but lost the sharp edge when polishing , i'll re sharpen when i'm ready to use them) . im hoping that given a bit of time , and maybe a few days outside in the rain , that the knife and axe will take on a nice patina. the really cool looking parts of the job are nigels work , and the shabby looking parts are my fault .

thank you again nigel , once again you have gone way  above and beyond mate :good:.

im sorry about the poor quality pics guys.

20180211_165704_resized_1.jpg

20180211_165713_resized_1.jpg

Edited by mel b3