Empty cases on a golf course

30-6

I don't shoot golf courses myself, and I shoot a lot less than some other members. When I do shoot I always strive to pick up empty cases - shotgun or rifle, and I guess a lot of shooters would do the same.

I have seen lots of rimfires clips where the empty case are just ejected from a bolt rifle and left, but watching a clip on a golf course using a 10/22 Ruger surprised me.

Surely even little .22 cases strewn about would really upset golfers and green keepers ?

Not criticising, just an observation.

I try to catch as many as I can but sometimes you need to take the second shot on another rabbit nearby so a few always get away! 

It wont take long for the casings to be trodden down into the soil I wouldn’t worry about it too much. 

I take my casings to work and chuck em in the brass pot so get a few pennies back at the end of the year. 

I worked as a greenkeeper for several years and also shot over the golf courses, mainly with .22 rimfires.

Tried to pick up all my brass but inevitably lost a few. Never had any problems with grass cutting machinery being damaged by them or with golfers finding them. Even if anybody found a few, they wouldn't know what they where and if they did know, wouldn't likely be bothered.