Shooting with a range of shotguns in one session

DanBettin

Are there any grounds/types of events that offer the ability to shoot with many guns in the one session?

I noticed on one charity shoot I went to once they had a few novelty guns out for use (triple-barrel etc.) so wondering if there were some type of 'day'/event that I can go to for this? Or a particular shop that that lets you try many out?

Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, quentyn said:

would that be section 1 or still 2?

Section2 as long as it has a 24" or greater length barrel. You could have a 10 barrelled O/U or SbS and it would still be Section 2 (with 24" barrels). The wording of the Firearms Act is;

"....a shotgun with the meaning of this Act...which - either has no magazine or has a non-detachable magazine incapable of holding more than two cartridges..."

Therefore if the gun has no magazine, as in the case of a O/U or SbS the gun can hold as many cartridges as it has barrels.

Edited by Breastman

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:15, DanBettin said:

Are there any grounds/types of events that offer the ability to shoot with many guns in the one session?

I noticed on one charity shoot I went to once they had a few novelty guns out for use (triple-barrel etc.) so wondering if there were some type of 'day'/event that I can go to for this? Or a particular shop that that lets you try many out?

Thanks in advance

Orston have run open days with a number of different guns to try out ... not sure if they have anymore planned, but Google will be your friend on that one.