Semi auto woes

tharsus

I have a armsan that's been acting up today. Put the shell in the receiver close bolt, push second shell in and it's moving from the magazine tube to underneath the loading ramp so you can't get the third shell in. Any ideas, thorough clean, different cartridges, still doing it?

Cheers

I have a armsan that's been acting up today. Put the shell in the receiver close bolt, push second shell in and it's moving from the magazine tube to underneath the loading ramp so you can't get the third shell in. Any ideas, thorough clean, different cartridges, still doing it?

Cheers

I had a similar problem with my Hatsan, when you push the cartridge forward into the magazine tube it should 'click' , a small pin holds the cartridge in place until the reload mechanism operates to release the next cartridge, sound like a bit of muck or something has jammed it open releasing the cartridge back into the reloader, 

A good strip and clean might help, wd40 around the entry into the magazine, 

Have a look on youtube, if in doubt thats where I go, there are lots of videos on there to cover most problems, including full strip down and cleaning on most makes and models, best of luck. 

Remove the trigger group and you will be able to see what holds the cartridge in the tube. It is basically a steel sesaw called a carrier latch and the spring that pushes it may have broken or it may be worn or bent due to someone forcing the  trigger group back in following previous removal but will be  clearly visible with the trigger group out. If you Google Armsan 616 pdf the manual should be the first result and parts 16 & 17 are the parts I am referring too. 

13 hours ago, sportsbob said:

Remove the trigger group and you will be able to see what holds the cartridge in the tube. It is basically a steel sesaw called a carrier latch and the spring that pushes it may have broken or it may be worn or bent due to someone forcing the  trigger group back in following previous removal but will be  clearly visible with the trigger group out. If you Google Armsan 616 pdf the manual should be the first result and parts 16 & 17 are the parts I am referring too. 

Sorry about the double post, I did not remove the trigger group, just sprayed the carrier latch and worked it up and down. Will strip it fully and try again.

Cheers

The carrier latch is operated via a lever in the trigger group if the spring that returns that lever has become dislodged or broken that could also cause the symptoms you describe. If it is not to obvious what the fault is then while the trigger group is out spray the inside of the receiver with a decent cleaner like Napier I use GT85 and  wipe the inside clean , once it seems to be clean repeat the process but use an air line to blow out the rest of the crud. Lightly oil the carrier latch (not wd40) and put to one side, repeat the cleaning process with the trigger group. If the problem persists then I would suggest you take it to a gunsmith for further examination as sometimes a worn or bent part is not to obvious.

Hope this helps

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

i clean my auto with petrol/parafeen mix....................wash it off dry it then lube it with dry grafite powder...........dont use wd40...it will turn to gunk and start to seize moving parts up....auto's dont like oil and grease...