Anyone fancy moving to Shropshire

Benthejockey

London is commutable from Shrewsbury station abs there’s a direct train from Stafford which is about 45mins away from here. Nice quiet village on a no through road up to a forestry block. Deer! Not far away from some decent big shoots. And they’re resurrecting the local pub! 15 mins from Shrewsbury town which is a couple outta centre with loads of places to eat our or go clubbing. 

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

London is commutable from Shrewsbury station abs there’s a direct train from Stafford which is about 45mins away from here. Nice quiet village on a no through road up to a forestry block. Deer! Not far away from some decent big shoots. And they’re resurrecting the local pub! 15 mins from Shrewsbury town which is a couple outta centre with loads of places to eat our or go clubbing. 

Check the rail prices! London is commutable from Hastings if you don’t mind paying £80/day for the ticket!!

8 minutes ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Check the rail prices! London is commutable from Hastings if you don’t mind paying £80/day for the ticket!!

That makes Shrewsbury look even more reasonable then doesn’t it because it’s only £75 to get to London Euston by 830 tomorrow. I don’t use trains but like Zapp says you pay for a season ticket for a reason. 

Another reason why Shrewsbury is a nice place to live property is cheaper so you can spend the savings on a comfortable car for your commute to London ?

10 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

We’ve stuck our house on the market a few weeks ago and casually been looking for places to move to and then disaster struck we’ve found the perfect place!!! So if anyone fancies buying a reasonably priced barn conversion I’ve got one to sell ?

Many happy memories  walking through the Dingle alongside the river after a couple of pints of Bass in the pub by the tennis courts  couple more in the Kings Head followed by two more in the Elephant and Castle.  Memories sweet Memories.

1 hour ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Only worth it if you go into London 4 or more days per week.

Not necessarily.  I work on london 3 days per week but in order to be able to be flexible on which days they are the cheapest option for me is an annual season ticket.

59 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

No no mum and Dad have got the property before the shoot. The Hollies. There’s usually a sign offering eggs for sale and up until last April there was often horses to be seen flying sideways out of the end of the drive. 

Ok , got you now . Its very nice down there , a beautiful county, we try to get down there 3 or 4 times a year .used to stay at the little caravan site at Ryton .

9 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Ok , got you now . Its very nice down there , a beautiful county, we try to get down there 3 or 4 times a year .used to stay at the little caravan site at Ryton .

Yeah its very pretty down there and you don’t notice the shooting when you live there. Unless someone’s shooting with an elephant gun! They’ve been lucky this winter it’s not been so wet. One year I had about 12 horses in and all the fields were under water for the majority of the winter!

7 hours ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Train prices are very variable, I can regularly go from London to Bristol (where my son lives) or Cardiff for around a tenner by picking my times on trainline. My cousin lives in Chester, I have done that for under £30 return in the past. But if you have to do it every day you pay full whack.