.410 carts

BenBhoy

Hi ben From what i have used the eley four long seem like they would be quite useful for squizzers (12.5 gram fibre wad) i use them on clays and get good breaks at 20-25 yards. My .410 is not a 3" so cant say about the longer cartridges but i have read they pattern worse than the 2 1/2 cartridges. As for subsonic the only ones i have seen are all 3".  Also i would recommend using smaller shot sizes such as 6s or 7s to maintain pattern density due to the small weight of shot. 

I shoot 410 almost exclusively. Have a look at the Eley 3 inch sub sonics. Buy a box and see what you think. Personally I could not really tell any difference when I tried them noise wise, but having since heard ..pun not intended.. that it is what is heard 4 -500yrds away that matters.   As far as ordinary cartridges to do the job, then without doubt, Fiocchi 3 inch or Hull High Pheasant and 6s in either will kill a squirrel out at 35yrds. Shot both of these during this last game bird season and have no complaints about the cartridges.

The other alternative of course is to load your own and there are a few formula about to load sub sonics. All down to how many your going to shoot.