'Walk in my shadow'.

JDog

This morning was perishingly cold here in the Wolds but being a glutton for punishment I was out and about by 8. I wanted to look at a field of rape that could be problematical when I go to shoot some maize stubble later in the week as it is an easy alternative for these particular pigeons.

I was too early and nothing moved until 8:45 when groups of up to fifty birds flew Red Arrows style over the field and into a spinney. Keen as I am I just could not face setting up in the cold wind so I went to stand in the spinney. Sometimes, just sometimes all that watching is rewarded and I had a great hour in that wood. In between doing star jumps and finger exercises to keep warm I shot eight spectacular pigeons some of which fell fully sixty yards from my position. Had it not been so cold I would have stayed longer.

Back home in my warm office which is remote from the house I have been celebrating my rare success by playing the Free album 'Tons of sobs' at very high volume, 'Walk in my shadow' being a real head banger and taking me back to my youth when I attended a lot of rock concerts where head banging was the norm and may which explain the many afflictions I suffer from nowadays.

I agree with you , yes it was cold this morning , the same as several mornings just lately , why is it I feel the cold while pigeon shooting but don't really notice it when after wild fowl , maybe my heart is in it for duck but not quite as keen for pigeons , with milder weather on the way I will soon be in pigeon mode 100%.

I tell yer how much a sheltered life we had led in the out backs, when you said you listened to your free album , I honestly thought you got it out of the paper with a voucher at Tescos for nothing as I have never heard of a group called free .

As for going to head banging concerts , the last three shows ( concerts ) I went to were , Matt Monro , Boxcar Willie and the man in Black , Johnny Cash , I haven't suffered no long term ill effects from the shows  , but they might have done because now they are sadly all dead .