Jump to content

    Recommended Posts

    Advice please guys.

    I am employed as a picker up. My employer deducts tax under the paye scheme. Others have said I can recover the cost of vets fees, feed costs and sundry items as expenses. I have just had a letter from hmrc saying I cannot claim these expenses. Has anyone been successful in arguing this point?


    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    if your with BASC or the CA you could ask their advice.  if this became a problem for me I would take them on, you are entitled to tax relief on your legitimate work related expenses, edited the rest out because getting very annoyed 

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Do u have an accountant? or do u work FT too?


    I'm SE anyway so do claim all my vet bills, dog food etc throu as expenses.

    Speaking to an accountant might be the best option, I'm sure I read something about due to the nature of picking up its easier to go SE than it is beating, as ur working under ur own initiatie.

    Was a fairly lengthy thread on here a while back about it all, think it would be in the keepering section thou

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.