Showing off my new semi ?

Guest stevo

Evening , 

Over the past few months I have been on the look out for something that’s a little different but fun to shoot , although I’m a trap shooter with a very nice comp gun , a 2017 beretta DT11 grade 5 fully fitted trap gun , fixed choke .blah blah blah  I wanted something for a bit of skeet , sportrap, compak, and some Helice. Not very often as I will shooting a fare bit of fast trap , but it would be nice to let my hair down and have some fun now and then . 

Anyway .......... on Saturday while. Coming back from clay ground I thought I would pop into gun shop and grab some mone shells . As I walk in I happened to glance over at one of the racks and noticed what looked like a nice beretta AL391 . On closer inspection it turned out to be a 2007 beretta 391 Teknys (stonecoat) 28” barrels , with the extra wood , 3” chamber  . This little beauty was 100% mint totally unmarked , even inside the receiver where you normally get some wear marks . NOTHING . 

I asked what the story was and it seems the chap bought it back in 2007 with the intention of clay shooting however he ended up going once and that was it , the gun then sat in the cabinet for nearly ten years ?

it was 100% complete with all the chokes , abs case , all the bits and bobs , original packing and paperwork , all in pristine condition. 

The asking price was £850.00  to which I bit his hand off , don’t care if it was too much or not , for what I was getting I thought it the bargain of the century ?

i had the AL 391 field version back in 1999 I think it was and it was a cracking and very reliable bit of kit , always seem to regret sell8ng it , but lesson learned . 

On the Sunday I took it out for a bit of abt for a laugh , then a few rounds of skeet , handles beautifully and cycles the little 24 gram shells , and the 67 mm Eley select 9s I was using for skeet , it swallowed everything I shoved down it neck without a problem. Looking forward to this weekend for a proper bash with it . 

A few pics  , not the best but gives you and idea . 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0flzmotctuvt0z4/Photo 10-02-2018%2C 17 25 24 (1).jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j92f75rgfzkg7h4/Photo 10-02-2018%2C 17 25 29 (1).jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sccqo90wcp46ulc/Photo 10-02-2018%2C 17 25 34 (1).jpg?dl=0

Edited by stevo

A gun needs to look good.

Notwithstanding your 'less than professional' photographic talent  (   :lol:  ) your gun certainly looks the goods.

P.S. I'm curious how the 'extra wood' is done. Some of the guns I've seen in the flesh with this type of finish, have been outstanding in appearance.

33 minutes ago, MR. BROWN said:

26 minutes ago, kenholland said:

love mine in wetlands camo, the pigeon's scatter when I get it out of the slip enjoy.

I’m gonna scatter some pigeons with it tomorrow afternoon Ken ?

Very nice.  I have a urika 2 which is similar.  Very reliable indeed and I managed to bag a duck on my very first outing with it despite never having shot a semi-auto before.  Says it all.

You might find yours will cycle Comp x 21g too as mine does.  Oddly though, I've had issues with the pro fibre 24g from Hull.

On 16/02/2018 at 03:01, notsosureshot said:

Very nice.  I have a urika 2 which is similar.  Very reliable indeed and I managed to bag a duck on my very first outing with it despite never having shot a semi-auto before.  Says it all.

You might find yours will cycle Comp x 21g too as mine does.  Oddly though, I've had issues with the pro fibre 24g from Hull.

Funny enough I tried it last night while out roost shooting , I had a handful of fiocchi tt 1 in 21 gram  just to see if it would. ....... again faultless! 

I had a few woodies with it to . Going again tonight with the land owner but this time gonna try the DT 11 trap gun ? that will smoke em !!

Edited by stevo