Labour and game birds

ShootingEgg

2 minutes ago, old man said:

Till there is no membership left maybe?

You could be right; I don’t know.

I think I’ve just grown cynical in my old age. When I first joined a shooting organisation I was proud to stand up and be counted, but as more and more legislation has crept into my way of life I’ve become somewhat jaded in my opinion of them. 

On the other hand, if I’m honest, we would probably be in an even worse situation without them.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Scully said:

You could be right; I don’t know.

I think I’ve just grown cynical in my old age. When I first joined a shooting organisation I was proud to stand up and be counted, but as more and more legislation has crept into my way of life I’ve become somewhat jaded in my opinion of them. 

On the other hand, if I’m honest, we would probably be in an even worse situation without them.  

Not sure about that?

9 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Money talks, if we had one specific representative shooting organisation rather than the many we currently have encompassing (I suspect for financial reasons?) shooting with other fieldsports related interests, their overheads, bills, employee and on costs etc would be significantly less, and consequently more could be spent on campaigning and protecting our sport, for example, the big protectionist organisation "sponsor" MP's, Peers and on occasions their families, to push their anti shooting agendas, shooting has friends in the Commons and the Lords....with more money, shooting could do many more things including buying (sorry sponsoring!) a few more MP's and Peers!

Shooting and other fieldsports related organisations are supposed to exist to represent and protect the interests of their membership...........not to maintain highly paid employment, expenses, luxury accommodation and other perks for their own employees!

500,000 people shouting at any one time resonates more than ten lots of 50,000 shouting at different times!

In years to come many folk will ask why we were so split and why we were so blind to the obvious outcome of not coming together under one banner 

Also firmly believe that anyone who shoots should have insurance, this should be a stipulation, in the long run such legislation would benefit shooting.