Florida School Shooting

Matty89

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I think you will find that statement to be a complete fallacy. 

Most South American countries have massively higher gun homicide rates, Jamaica, Swaziland again ,far higher.
And with less guns per capita.

I've had a quick google on mass school shootings for other parts of the world not much came up and ok the number of 18 so far this year in the USA is a bit misleading it would seem they have had 3 that ended with deaths, 9 where shots were fired in or at school building, 3 were unintentional, 2 suicides and 1 deliberate shooting of one person. Yes Jamaica has a massive murder rate 1359 between jan and nov last year 1 in 1800 and USA 17250 in the us 2016 1in 19000, but I haven't found any thing about school shootings. So I think I'll stick by my post, ok I could have stipulated SCHOOL shooting but I thought that is what this thread is about.

If you can point to some info of other school shootings around the world please do.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading your post again, I can see you implied school shootings, so apologies for that. 

Because the media, with its agendas, seems pretty keen on publicising US mass shootings, it seems to ignore the shooting atrocities in other countries. 

Mexico has a massive gun homicide rate at the moment you will hear little of. 

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Mexico has a massive gun homicide rate at the moment you will hear little of. 

Couldn't agree more there are a few countries that you are much more likely to be murdered in that america but it seem america has the monopoly on the school shootings.

Leaving the school shootings to one side, makes you wonder why when the us population is 5 times that of the UK the murder rate is 26 times that of the UK. It can't just be access to guns! 

12 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Couldn't agree more there are a few countries that you are much more likely to be murdered in that america but it seem america has the monopoly on the school shootings.

Leaving the school shootings to one side, makes you wonder why when the us population is 5 times that of the UK the murder rate is 26 times that of the UK. It can't just be access to guns! 

Crime rates in certain areas are staggeringly high. 

Heavy drug use, access to guns, it all adds up. 

Nearly 1% of the entire population are in prison, nearly 2% are on probation/parole, sobering stuff. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

I do believe that here they have made a difference, I believe that taking high capacity destructive weapons such as Kalashnikov and semi automatic rifles and hand guns out of general circulation together with stringent screening of certificate holders. 

Kalashnikovs and handguns are still in circulation in the UK.

Edited by ordnance

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:40, bluesj said:

They elected Trump as President so I would imagine lots of them have mental health issues !

15 hours ago, tandytommo said:

They elected Trump as President so I would imagine lots of them have mental health issues !

Ridiculous throw away comment.

Plenty of  people who voted democrat have mental health issues, Ive seen them, they wear pink pussy hats.

Edited by Rewulf

17 hours ago, tandytommo said:

I don't get this either. I'm assuming its with reference to the school shooting, but doesn't make sense as the American public once voted Obama in; it didn't seem to have any effect on school shootings though. 

A quick look on Google shows that the nra in America claims five million members.this from a population of over three hundred million is not that great.also let's not forget that around half the population is female and largely against the gun freedoms of the country.and when the constitution was written women could not vote in fact they had next to no rights except be pregnant and cook for the men.with the current rise in the numbers calling for controls of guns and future presidential candidates who may promise to hear the calls I do believe it's not going to be to many years before things will be reigned in to some extent over there.and of course everything has to start somewhere nomatter how small.

Five million members all donating $10 dollars is $50 million. I'd gladly pay £100 at the least to protect my shooting rights, and if the yanks thought the same, well.......you can buy an awful lot of votes with $500,000.000 and is just from members alone.  

Assuming only NRA members own firearms that means each member owns 53 firearms. I think we can safely assume some will own more than others, but that's what the figures work out at....I think.  Perhaps not all firearms owners are members but contribute money when it's needed? 

Like you said Mick; on top of however much members are contributing is the American arms industry; I doubt they come much bigger.

On 2/17/2018 at 04:16, KB1 said:

ONE of the reason mass shootings are much more frequent in the US is that weapons are so easily available. 

... but it is on the decline over recent years.

" four times as many children were fatally shot in schools in the 1990s compared to the present day. "

So maybe they are getting a handle on it and it doesn't need any drastic action at all,

RS

4 hours ago, RockySpears said:

... but it is on the decline over recent years.

" four times as many children were fatally shot in schools in the 1990s compared to the present day. "

So maybe they are getting a handle on it and it doesn't need any drastic action at all,

RS

That was an excerpt from Hamsters post, and I happened to agree with him;)