Fox attack

Walker570

I saw this yesterday. The uncropped photos show bin bags full of rubbish on the back yard so even if hey were directly feeding it they have been drawing them in with an all you can eat rubbish buffet. Two positives I could draw from this are thank god we’ve only got foxes as the largest predator running round this country! If yogi bear had been in the house they wouldn’t have been worrying about a couple of bites because he’d have eaten her like a little chicken nugget and been halfway through eating grandad before anyone’s knew what was happening. And secondly thankfully we haven’t got rabies in this country! 

something needs to be done ,we are getting to many  urban foxes .The woman next door leaves the dogs food on the patio and my security lights are on and of all night , she said to me,,,, Dunc your lights keep coming on , I replied , its foxes eating your dogs food , now she waits up to watch them and puts out even more food ,

I heard on radio 2 earlier there is an estimated 150,000 'urban' foxes now, how can they honestly not look at that number and not think the numbers are out of control. 

Dread to think what went through that poor babes mind when it happened 

1 hour ago, duncan said:

something needs to be done ,we are getting to many  urban foxes .The woman next door leaves the dogs food on the patio and my security lights are on and of all night , she said to me,,,, Dunc your lights keep coming on , I replied , its foxes eating your dogs food , now she waits up to watch them and puts out even more food ,

While you've got idiots who are going to willingly feed them, we'll always be fighting a loosing battle 

2 hours ago, duncan said:

Put some food in your garden. That will draw the foxes in, allowing you to shoot them.

Urban foxes are nothing new. Back in the 70s, I had a cracking holiday in Teneriff paid for by fox pelts shot on the outskirts of south Birmingham.  Lickey Hills, Fox Canyon we called the shallow valey leading up from Jnc 4 M5, Lydiate Ash. Poor night if we didn't get four or five in an evening.   Average price back then was £28 a skin.

Was it Cobbledick, Devon, Cornwall we used to send them to?   

What better call to record than a young baby,  food to a fox.

28 minutes ago, oowee said:

£28 a skin in the 70's that's quite a lot considering they are pretty worthless now. 

That’s because they are a better class of fox in the West Midlands:)

They don’t eat babies either.

Edited by old'un

4 hours ago, duncan said:

Ahhh Bless

It’s a shame the skins are now worthless! There’s got to be a corner in the market for free range organic British fox fur rather than the Chinese stuff?! I’ve got two skins the wife wants making into a scarf. If I was a better seamstress I’d be knocking them out and selling them to posh hunty type women for £150 a piece ?

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Urban foxes are nothing new. Back in the 70s, I had a cracking holiday in Teneriff paid for by fox pelts shot on the outskirts of south Birmingham.  Lickey Hills, Fox Canyon we called the shallow valey leading up from Jnc 4 M5, Lydiate Ash. Poor night if we didn't get four or five in an evening.   Average price back then was £28 a skin.

Was it Cobbledick, Devon, Cornwall we used to send them to?   

What better call to record than a young baby,  food to a fox.

Spring pools? Used to be lots of rabbits around there....hardly see one now!:unhappy:

23 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Spring pools? Used to be lots of rabbits around there....hardly see one now!:unhappy:

Yep, that's the place.  Used to carry a car battery around in a shopping basket back then. Could shoot them with a 12 gauge as they would call right up to you. They did get a bit wary and we went up to my mates 10 gauge.   Happy days.