Lease not renewed

We were told a new tenant farmer was taking over but given no indication we would not be welcome anymore after 4 trouble free years. I knew from the first time we seen him something was amiss. He made no attempt to acknowledge us. Now our feeders are still on the land & through the letting agent we were told the farmer would collect them himself as he didn’t want us driving on the land to collect them. If they’re not ready to collect this weekend I believe we should be able to collect our own property? There are now several of us looking for land in Northumberland/Durham/Borders for next season but I’m doubtful that we’ll find anything as land is difficult to come by up here.

3 hours ago, Proudly said:

We were told a new tenant farmer was taking over but given no indication we would not be welcome anymore after 4 trouble free years. I knew from the first time we seen him something was amiss. He made no attempt to acknowledge us. Now our feeders are still on the land & through the letting agent we were told the farmer would collect them himself as he didn’t want us driving on the land to collect them. If they’re not ready to collect this weekend I believe we should be able to collect our own property? There are now several of us looking for land in Northumberland/Durham/Borders for next season but I’m doubtful that we’ll find anything as land is difficult to come by up here.

Tell him you also want the pens etc and expect them to be dismantled without any damage, or compensation for any damage. I believe legally they have to give you notice and cannot stop you from accessing the land, without notice? 

4 hours ago, Blackpowder said:

So is the local lord, father in law of your tenant, also the landowner on your former lease?

Lord Armstrong owns a huge estate, they stopped the main shoot a few years ago & let a few bits of the boundary out. We have dealt with a letting agent. 

Blackpowder