Money back? Advice please?

CaptC

32 minutes ago, CaptC said:

According to the dealer he has been trying to contact AIA for 10 days without success. I wonder who to believe!

Its going to be another two weeks at least before the gears grind in perhaps a positive direction.

good luck capt, sorry to hear youve sold the Purdeys ! I too have just bought a Fabarm from a famous shop in Lincolnshire (second hand) yet to be delivered..:/

28 minutes ago, CaptC said:

The Purdey's are at Audley Street being serviced (just reminded me - Olga's wages)

Seriously I wish you the best of luck - Which Fabarm have you bought? It's not an Elos de Luxe in twenty bore flavour perchance? 

That must cost a pretty penny.... having  guns serviced as well ! things are looking up

No not an Elos but a S/H auto with enough chokes to keep me amused all summer... 

A quick update :

15 days after being delivered to my RFD the gun shop at last sent a label for the gun to sent back to the shop.

In the interim period I contacted Mr Gill who was astounded that the gun shop wanted me to send the gun directly to them as the gun shop is the retailer and therefor  responsible for any come backs. Mr Gill kindly contacted the gun shop and actually got them to arrange a courier.

Trading Standards recommend an email or letter to the gun shop asking for a refund under The Consumer Rights Act of 2015. This has been sent and surprise - total silence and ££££'s out of pocket.

Next step is the County Court?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 21:53, inthedark said:

Some of the best advice ever given

Merchants fees from card handlers and banks are around 5%,  now retailers can no longer reclaim card fees from the buyer many are not taking credit cards on high value items if the margin is tight,

A

On 2/23/2018 at 14:43, CaptC said:

A quick update :

15 days after being delivered to my RFD the gun shop at last sent a label for the gun to sent back to the shop.

In the interim period I contacted Mr Gill who was astounded that the gun shop wanted me to send the gun directly to them as the gun shop is the retailer and therefor  responsible for any come backs. Mr Gill kindly contacted the gun shop and actually got them to arrange a courier.

Trading Standards recommend an email or letter to the gun shop asking for a refund under The Consumer Rights Act of 2015. This has been sent and surprise - total silence and ££££'s out of pocket.

Next step is the County Court?

If the gun only went back at the end of the pheasant season you do need to be fair to give these people the option to sort the issue as that was only 4 weeks ago.      Legal action is really a last resort,  maybe 2 months away at present I would suggest.

A

11 hours ago, Alycidon said:

Merchants fees from card handlers and banks are around 5%,  now retailers can no longer reclaim card fees from the buyer many are not taking credit cards on high value items if the margin is tight.

If a merchant is paying 5% they need to shop around, I pay about around 0.9% to about 1.3% for credit cards depending on what one and 16p per debt card transaction. 

Goodluck CaptC, hope they pull there finger out.

Edited by rimfire4969

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 16:40, dodeer said:

I wouldn’t want to sell something and give a refund straight away. It’s not Tesco or PC World. 

The shop should be better to communicate though. 

Sorry just read your post

There was no question of getting my money back straight away as they have know of one of the problems for several weeks.

The latest news in the farce is that it took then two weeks to collect the gun from my RFD and now nearly 5 weeks later I'm told that they are waiting a report from AIA (promised two weeks ago) as, quote "the gun looks like it has been dropped" as there is a mark on the muzzle. It gets better every time!

16 minutes ago, CaptC said:

Where did you get that picture of me from? We were so poor in those days we ate the horse!

Sorry capt ! wrong photo, we have had Olga [aka Vladimir] under surveillance for some time,  also sorry you ate one of our top men, mind you he would have wanted it that way, he despised waste

He met his end as per an officer and a gentleman - His last words were " Damn, I was hoping to run in the National this year". 

Olga, bless her, has denied any involvement or anything else pertaining to being expelled by Mrs May!

3 hours ago, CaptC said:

He met his end as per an officer and a gentleman - His last words were " Damn, I was hoping to run in the National this year". 

Olga, bless her, has denied any involvement or anything else pertaining to being expelled by Mrs May!

He was a gent, horses run in his family you know, Theresa jolly good fellow and may be easy on Olga if she spills the beans, but dont tell anyone !

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

He was a gent, horses run in his family you know, Theresa jolly good fellow and may be easy on Olga if she spills the beans, but dont tell anyone !

He had his come comeuppance (literally) when he played the back end of a horse in Emmerdale. Didn't realise that there was a stallion in the same field