Aldi

scouser

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/02/2018 at 20:25, Lloyd90 said:

I went in today for a few items for dinner, left with a load of motorcycle chain lube/wax and a wall mounted tool storage unit! 

Haha this the thing with Aldi, you go in for a food shop come out with a fire extinguisher, 3 axes, a washing line and a Storm Trooper clock.....well, i did any way :oops::whistling:

On 17/02/2018 at 18:38, das said:

I probably havn't tried most of the coffee that exists but Tassimo beats the dozens of ground and processed **** that I have.

think your right david about pod machine has you know im the service manager of gaggia uk and more people are buying pod machine, some are good and some not, not the cheapest way that would be the bean to cup, machine 1kg of beans makes about 120 coffees this is why these large coffee shops are doing so well massive profits

Bean to cup all the way. Then I can choose the beans I like, grind them as I like etc. Not tied to a limited selection of pods, that may one day not be available, that are wasteful and plasticy etc.

Random side note - I made a (bean to cup_ coffee the other day for a chap fixing my garage door. He said it was the best he'd ever tasted and that I should open a cafe! (Even if he was just buttering me up, I enjoyed it!)

2 hours ago, sandspider said:

Bean to cup all the way. Then I can choose the beans I like, grind them as I like etc. Not tied to a limited selection of pods, that may one day not be available, that are wasteful and plasticy etc.

Random side note - I made a (bean to cup_ coffee the other day for a chap fixing my garage door. He said it was the best he'd ever tasted and that I should open a cafe! (Even if he was just buttering me up, I enjoyed it!)

hi what sort have you got ?

On 2/18/2018 at 18:06, proud dad said:

I’ve been after one of the fishing bags for a while now. I don’t think they sell them anymore.

Recently been told by Aldi customer services, 'We don't have a delivery date as yet for the next consignment but that does not mean we wont have them for sale again'.

I do find it funny when people moan about ALDI food. 

M&S  and Aldi use the same supplier. You’ll notice if their is a recall it’s ALDI and M&S at the same time plus my mates supply the veg. All fresh and local . 

as said already if you buy smart price at Asda you’ll buy cheap which is the same at Aldi. 

We live off Aldi food ( mrs works there) 

they pay ok but not much more than minimum wage and the staff work twice as hard as any other supermarket. 

Try the specials steak :) oooooo so nice.

watch the warranty on the items as they won’t swap everything in store and my trail cam had to be sent back to America :/ so it went in the bin as it was 9 months old .

8 hours ago, team tractor said:

I do find it funny when people moan about ALDI food. 

M&S  and Aldi use the same supplier. You’ll notice if their is a recall it’s ALDI and M&S at the same time plus my mates supply the veg. All fresh and local . 

as said already if you buy smart price at Asda you’ll buy cheap which is the same at Aldi. 

We live off Aldi food ( mrs works there) 

they pay ok but not much more than minimum wage and the staff work twice as hard as any other supermarket. 

Try the specials steak  oooooo so nice.

watch the warranty on the items as they won’t swap everything in store and my trail cam had to be sent back to America  so it went in the bin as it was 9 months old .

A friend of my Dad years ago worked at a huge bread factory and they made bread for all the supermarkets, he often said the only difference was the bag and the price the supermarkets sold it for. 

A lot of Lidl and Aldi's fruit and veg carries the Red Tractor Certification

Edited by Vince Green

14 hours ago, Good shot? said:

Recently been told by Aldi customer services, 'We don't have a delivery date as yet for the next consignment but that does not mean we wont have them for sale again'.

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, can you check on aldi web site if any left across the aldi stores? just like toolstore i can see if in stock in abingdon,

Thanks for that. There should be one winging its way to me at present,  thanks to the generosity of forum member Deadly Plumber. Another one of the good guys.

On 2/16/2018 at 11:03, bruno22rf said:

Been shopping at Aldi for over 20 years - some things simply don't taste the same, it's no different to buying something other than your usual brand from, say, Tesco then moaning that it tastes different, I bought Aldi coffee and  didn't like it (I'm on a life's quest to find one that I will stick with) so I have been pouring it into my wife's Gold Blend jar and she hasn't noticed (thankfully she doesn't read my posts) - as for Bacon - did you pick up the Bacon Pieces by chance, these are off cuts from the end of a piece of meat that are different sizes and thicknesses, if you pay a little more for the 14 slice pack then you will stop wasting your money at M&S. Most often heard complaint seems to be a lack of choice - might be worth remembering that you are paying a premium to shop at an outlet that stocks 30 different flavour Toothpastes when you only ever buy one anyway. Some Aldi food is not as "good" as other products by other Supermarkets but it works both ways - Tesco Ham is over priced and flavourless - compare it to Aldi's. I guess it comes down to how much you are willing to accept something different and if that's worth the 30% ish saving. 

Hi bruno22rf,buy a nespresso machine and coffee pods,job done

atb:yes: