Shooting show 2018

rec-baller

11 hours ago, Marccus said:

We have been there today and it was "ok".  The whole thing was too crammed it needed another hall so it could spread out.  A bit of faff getting into the grounds with traffic and car parking but ok.

The stalls needed more room to accomodate the shoppers as there was no room to browse. I bought some bits and bobs that I went for and some bit I didn't. Ha!

We met some really helpful people and an enjoyable day was had but it wasn't a patch on Stoneleigh.

Id agree with this, the hall was massive but they had crammed it in so for the amount of people there it was hard to move around and see stuff. 

I went up knowing what I needed and came away with it all. Was a good day out and got to meet some new faces and bump into people I knew. 

I went last year as a favor to a friend to help out on his stand .Had time for a quick look round in the days there but came to the conclusion there was very little to make me ever want to go again . Basically the same guns on most stands ,over priced optics , and clothing you can get at any country show throughout the year.

There needs to be some bigger draws .Time back stands had craftsmen working ,not just a couple tucked away in a corner , magazines had their writers on hand to talk to rather than just sell subscriptions and you felt that you had come away having learned something . Now I come away wondering why bothered. 

On 16/02/2018 at 19:49, rec-baller said:

Just got back from the shooting show at Birmingham.

I can't decide if I enjoyed it or not !!.

We got there at 8.45am and waited in the main entrance, it was suppose to open at 9 but it was more like 9.15 when the doors opened- to the cheer of the crowd.

I wanted the new Nitesite wolf dark ops night sight, do I  had a good chat with john on the nitesite stand and got the low down on the new set up, he,d done a good sales pitch so I bought one from Scott country. I had a good look round but there didn't seem to be any bargains ??, I realy wanted some new muck boots but there went any for sale. 

I honestly dont thnk it was as good as it hss been in the past 

I think I'll give it a miss next year ??

Any body else been

Shaun 

Anyone selling Skan Chronos at the Show?

I was there yesterday working in hall 12 never seen so many people walking past in the morning probably work there around 6 times a year beggars belief why such a venue with the biggest car parking have to make people park the furthest away from the halls they are visiting .

On 18/02/2018 at 15:17, robdab said:

I was there yesterday working in hall 12 never seen so many people walking past in the morning probably work there around 6 times a year beggars belief why such a venue with the biggest car parking have to make people park the furthest away from the halls they are visiting .

Hopefully to increase the appetite?

Picked up a lovely classic browning A5 from Cheshire Gun Room stand to add to my classic gun collection,  reduced from £395 to £195 bargain although I think £395 would be optimistic. Also got a Aim cam setup, will be testing this on Saturday and some snazzy 12gauge cufflinks. Definitely a better place to be and nice to see our sport so well attended. For me it was a positive day roll on the midland game fair and next year's show.