Bo & stinky people

Davyo

WHY! dont these people not smell it themselves? Walkining round M&S trying to do the grocery shop and a guy in front stank.Do these people,like smokers get so used to stinking they can no longer smell it?When i say stank i mean honked to the point that he only had to be in isle and he had the place stinking.

? There is a bloke with learning difficulties in town who always wears those nylon football shirts and he reeks at times. It genuinely is nauseous when stood behind him in the newsagents, poor lad. 

There is a BIG lady in town also, who refuses to wear underarm deodorants for health reasons. Fair enough but she can get a bit ripe at times. Amazingly she also works as a barmaid in the evenings. 

There was a bloke at a place I used to work who had seriously bad smelly feet. They smelled as if they were decomposing, seriously.  It didn’t matter how often he showered or what he wore, but his odour in the locker room was still very noticeable even an hour after clocking out. Incredible! 

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Their senses are used to the stink (or they don't care?)....like a smokers house (and the smoker!) smells like an ashtray to a non smoker....but not to themselves!

As an ex smoker, I fully agree when I smoked, I didn't notice the smell but since giving up I find the smell quite disgusting.

This reminds me of when i took a 14hr minibus ride in Mozambique! I think there were about 20 people in a 12 seat bus, two chickens and a goat ( i kid you not), and the other 19 on the bus had never seen a can of deodorant in their lives!  I don't know if i had got used to it, but after about 5 hours i was passed caring!!

Sometimes people with a zinc deficiency can have a very bad body odour no matter how often they wash.

Another one is washing hanging around wet too long so it goes nasty smelling. Once it finally dries the smell returns once the clothes are worn.

25 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

Britain created the greatest empire the world has ever seen and won two world wars without antiperspirants or the widespread use of deodorants. It has only recently become fashionable for some men to smell like a French brothel. :lol:

Nothing wrong with a days honest sweat. Its when its still there after a week and festering.

1 hour ago, TriBsa said:

Britain created the greatest empire the world has ever seen and won two world wars without antiperspirants or the widespread use of deodorants. It has only recently become fashionable for some men to smell like a French brothel.

I'm intrigued that you are familiar with the aroma of a French brothel!

I swear some sweaty folk could stop a charging rhino at thirty paces.

I have smelled some who brought tears to your eyes. 

Its not just they don’t wear deodorant or antiperspirant but they don’t wash their clothes as often as they should so build up quite a pong

It's usually a personal hygiene issue rather than a failure of anti perspirant! Obviously a lack of use of soap and water!

It certainly makes you gag when walking past or standing near them......nasty!!....but most are far too polite to tell them "eh bud in case you dont know?........you need a wash! Cos you don't arf honk"

A few weeks ago it was time for the annual window cleaning at work (this is the civil service).  OK when the guy was doing the outside, but when he came in for the inside, well, you just started to breath through your mouth pretty darn quickly.   You could see the reaction as he passed down each row of desks.  This was mid morning, so you couldn't claim it was a result of a long day's work.  

While most pongers just don't wash (I would assume), some people do sweat more than others and need to shower repeatedly.  My son is like this, just sweats more.  But he regularly showers twice daily to make sure it doesn't cause offence.

6 hours ago, Davyo said:

WHY! dont these people not smell it themselves? Walkining round M&S trying to do the grocery shop and a guy in front stank.Do these people,like smokers get so used to stinking they can no longer smell it?When i say stank i mean honked to the point that he only had to be in isle and he had the place stinking.

You don’t get that sort of person in Aldi :whistling:

22 minutes ago, Harnser said:

Being tee- total the worst smell to me is smelling alcohol on a persons breath . A discusting smell .many of these drinkers just reek of alcohol.

harnser

snap , smelling booze on someone is much worse than fags for me.

i work on a bin lorry , pretty much everybody i meet stinks of ****:yes:

I`m sure I smell of old spaniel, the house sure does no matter how often the dog is washed or the carpets shampooed.

Seriously though my SIL has had to provide 2x showers a day at work for one of her employees as she sweats profusely and if she didn`t people would notice, 30 minutes less from her but someone who works well as she appreciates working for someone who can manage people well

I went to a toyfair today with my son, he's 10 and is car mad and I just like to see all the toys I missed out on. There were far to many old folk there who stank of wet dogs, cat pee and death all wrapped up in purple and green fleeces from the back of daily mail, Not to mention the razor like elbows and bad manners. After a while I started think we were in gods kennel and had to leave.