Bo & stinky people

Davyo

Bad smells don't bother me too much, I've had hardly any sense of smell since I was about 30. I know if I can smell something then others are really suffering.

Down side is I miss all the nice smells and have to rely on memory...........strange how remembering a smell almost makes it seem real.

13 hours ago, Dougy said:

Just tell them they smell,  really can't see myself why it's so difficult. I used to work with a lad that would smell of stale BO,  I popped a can of right guard in one coat pocket and a bar if soap in another. 

Sorted. 

Interesting that Dougy, I had a similar situation to solve many years ago in a weaving mill, a rather fragrant lady weaver! Carbolic soap the saviour.

Repels odour, rats and cockroaches. What's not to like?

No superbugs around either.

I once got pulled for speeding (I was bang to rights) but the thing that was worse than the points or the fine was the 15 minutes I spent in the police car with the most eye wateringly smelly traffic cop.  I've never smelt stale BO like it.  He must have had a 100% conviction rate ..... Where do I sign - just let me out of this blinking car!!  I'm usually up front with people, but on that occasion, I felt that sharing my concerns about his personal hygiene would have just got me into hot water, which ironically, along with a bar of soap, he could have done with.

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Its funny though, when I was a lad growing up people had one bath a week. Deodorant was unheard of and men wore shirts for days at a time, even in summer.

Lucky chap toasted in front of a coal fire, was the soap carbolic or the same as used in the dolly tub?

On 19/02/2018 at 20:08, hambone said:

Bad BO is offensive but the other side of the coin is the over perfumed (both men and women) that make your eyes water. I refer to it as instead of wash.

Like the smell of the office wollars at our place that come down on the shop floor looking like a male model out of Kay's catalogue smelling like something off a gay pride float. 

23 hours ago, Grandalf said:

Sweat on a human body is a natural aroma.   We are designed to smell like that.

Stale sweat on three day old clothes is another matter all together.

We were doing OK until we got cold or got embarrassed about looking at each others bodies. 

I don't find it embarrassing looking at naked bodies at all Ben. :)

7 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

You would if you looked at mine - Which is unlikely I'll grant you.

Then there is Sparkies...

:lol:

Mine ain't wot it used to be. 

My 6 packs now turned into a something that resembles a prize pumpkin at the local village show. 

Coming way down the line from sparkie,,,,, the overall winner though. 

Whilst there is an army of the great unwashed, body odour can, in many cases, be caused by medical problems.

This of course could be helped by a can of Lynx and remembering where not to ****.

On 18/02/2018 at 11:09, Newbie to this said:

As an ex smoker, I fully agree when I smoked, I didn't notice the smell but since giving up I find the smell quite disgusting.

Me too.

A study has found that the more a person is revolted by the smell of body odour and urine the more likely they are to be right wing and want to secure national borders.

Research conducted by the University of Stockholm, Sweden, also found that left-wingers were less revolted by bad personal hygiene, reports MailOnline.

Psychologists believe that it represents a deep-rooted “defence mechanism” against contagious diseases.

Indeed, a Royal Society paper proposed in 2011 that disgust “evolved to motivate infectious disease avoidance”.

The study’s author, Dr. Jonas Olofsson, said: “There was a solid connection between how strongly someone was disgusted by smells and their desire to have a dictator-like leader who can suppress radical protest movements and ensure that different groups ‘stay in their places’.

“That type of society reduces contact among different groups and, at least in theory, decreases the chance of becoming ill.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/03/01/people-revolted-body-odour-likely-right-wing/

:lol: