Clay Shooting Holidays or Hotels

Wingman

Hi Guys

My wife is getting quite into clay shooting now, and we were talking about trying to find a nice hotel that offers a decent clay shooting option.  Seems to be loads for the stag and hen do' brigade or just casual have-a-go but we wanted something a little more challenging.  Wondered if anyone on here had come across any they would recommend or perhaps any other ideas for a shooting orientated break?

Thank for any comments!

Depends on how far you wish to travel, but, Coniston Hall hotel/shooting ground/fishing lake/off road centre/hawking centre and river fishing, on A65 just outside Skipton. A few miles further down the A65 towards Kendal is Crabtree Farm clay shooting ground. Coniston Hall sometimes offers a 3 day package, but there are other hotels in the area. Coniston Hall shooting ground also has excellent lunch meals too On the Colne side of Skipton is Kelbrook Shooting ground ( I was there on Friday), free coffee,  and Saturday meals available. Again some good cartridge offers.  On route up the M6 take a break at J33 and visit Malmo Guns, you could stock up on cartridges at a good price. So, if you were to make Skipton (a great little market town) your base, you have 3 grounds, all with Instructors (and websites) within a 25 mile radius, oh, nearly forgot some lovely scenery too !

PS 

NO I do not live there either ! 

Edited by Westley

Try high lodge  in Suffolk. Great ground run by multiple world champ John Bidwell. On site they have luxury lodges with hot tubs ,fishing on site  and golf , restaurant, gun shop etc. Also store your guns in their gunsafes on site. Sometimes have an offer when you get 100 free clays per cert holder too.  Can't recommend highly enough.

Jasper

Edited by jasper682

Park Hall Farm, St Osyth, Essex.

Stayed there a couple of years ago. Have breakfast then walk 40m, avoiding the peacocks to the club house. Get guns, ammo and card and shoot as much as you want. They had Skeet and Compac Sporting when I was there. We stayed for a week shot in the morning, spend the day exploring then shot again in the evening if we got back early enough. Very relaxed, quiet, not cheap but an option.

On 18/02/2018 at 17:20, Westley said:

Depends on how far you wish to travel, but, Coniston Hall hotel/shooting ground/fishing lake/off road centre/hawking centre and river fishing, on A65 just outside Skipton. A few miles further down the A65 towards Kendal is Crabtree Farm clay shooting ground. Coniston Hall sometimes offers a 3 day package, but there are other hotels in the area. Coniston Hall shooting ground also has excellent lunch meals too On the Colne side of Skipton is Kelbrook Shooting ground ( I was there on Friday), free coffee,  and Saturday meals available. Again some good cartridge offers.  On route up the M6 take a break at J33 and visit Malmo Guns, you could stock up on cartridges at a good price. So, if you were to make Skipton (a great little market town) your base, you have 3 grounds, all with Instructors (and websites) within a 25 mile radius, oh, nearly forgot some lovely scenery too !

PS 

NO I do not live there either ! 

I took my wife to Coniston shooting ground the other week for her first lesson and can highly recommend them. It’s a great ground and has something for every talent.

we stayed in the Devonshire arms hotel 5 minutes down the road which is a proper shooting hotel with spa. They even have gun safes in most of the rooms.