Mossberg 500 .410 pump

Ploughman

Am looking at getting one of the above been looking on guntrader etc, there seems to be a stealth model with a moderator on is this the same moderator as the hushpower or is it mossbergs own version?

if it’s different are they as quiet as the hushpower version?

Any opinions of the above gun greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

They are all about the same .in sound .at a distance (and that's what counts ) 

At the gun the quietest (subsonic loads ) seem a fair bit quieter than a full fat load from fiocchi .

But walk 100 yds and you will be hard pressed to tell the difference. 

Ps the subsonic loads really don't kill well at all (unsurprisingly) so stick with gamebore hunting 16 grm no6 carts for every thing  (excellent middle ground and they kill well )

Yes, my experience is about the same as Ultrastu.  I now only shoot my standard Fiocchi or Hull High Pigeon  18gr  3 inch, sometimes my own load 18.5gr felt wads if around farm yards and have asked the farmers and in one case his wife if the noise is annoying and they both said "What Noise". I was knocking pigeons down about 100yrds from the farmhouse. Difficult to put it in words but the moderator on mine just seems to take the 'BOOOOM' away and is almost like the noise an  17HMR moderated, the crack and a louder whoosh.  Very handy little gun for those occasions.

On 18/02/2018 at 21:07, Ultrastu said:

They are all about the same .in sound .at a distance (and that's what counts ) 

At the gun the quietest (subsonic loads ) seem a fair bit quieter than a full fat load from fiocchi .

But walk 100 yds and you will be hard pressed to tell the difference. 

Ps the subsonic loads really don't kill well at all (unsurprisingly) so stick with gamebore hunting 16 grm no6 carts for every thing  (excellent middle ground and they kill well )

Thanks for the info I am sure I have seen a post somewhere about only using fibre wads in these hushpower guns you obviously don’t get any problems with the game bore plastic wad?

thanks.