Jump to content

What is it

    Recommended Posts

    What is the metal plate type thingy behind the brake discs called. Mine are rusty are heck and want to replace them but don’t know what to look for.





    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    The brake disc backing guard? It's not legal requirement to have them there. As a motor modifying enthusiast I've removed them from the older cars I've dealt with because, a: they are not necessary, b: a pain to replace for the sake of it just to go rusty again. 

    From factory they will be fitted as standard because the brake disc/rotor is a moving part that should have a guard to prevent ingress of human parts that could be pushed into them. 

     If you're going to go to the effort of removing the old ones and have the budget for new ones then it makes sense to fit them as it's quite simple in that situation. 


    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.