Browning or Beretta

Defender22.250

6 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

LOL Mate :good:

All joking aside Gerry , I know exactly what your saying and to be fare you have a very valid point , I have always shot berettas for that very reason , I have small but wide hands , and for the life of me just can’t seen to get on with Mk’s . I love the Mk 38 to bits but just can’t seem to get on with as they feel very strange up at the front end . I have the same problems with the older Winchester’s , would a grand European but hey ho .... 

i have found the browning heavy and not as balanced as the berretta the silver pigeon was my choice the sporting one 3 inch chambers multi choke that can handle steel used it for every thing clays pigeon wildfowling fired thousands of cartridges through it still as tight as the day i bought it now for my wild fowling i use an extrema brilliant gun never jammed and have used it on the marsh since i bought it my friend bought a browning and he could not hit a barn door with it we were on the marsh he used my berretta and drop three for three with it but that's me but i have found berretta better balanced hope this helps 

I had the same problem over Christmas. As a newbe I was using an old cheep banger with the intention of replacing it once I had an idea of what I wanted from a gun. However the start gun gave up just before the festered season. I started asking questions to as many shooters as I could find. To summarise the answers

1) Choose a Browning or Beretta (can not go wrong in the long term)

2) Brownings are made for the American market. Americans tend to be built like Garrillas

Beretta are built for small Italians

I am built like the pervebial gorrila.

I therefore set off to the gun shop with a 525 on my shopping list. However they had a very good price on new silver pigeons. Tryed both in the shop and was very surprised that the Beretta felt much better but the stock needed extending. As they went off to extend the stock I was given a coffee and mooched through the gun rack. Found a second hand Beretta 686E in as new condition.  Had the stock extended on that (more coffee) Then I fell in love and immediately proposed, and a good deal was done. I have not regretted the decision can't stayaway fron the clay ground.

Conclusion - start off with an idea of what you want then find one that suites you

The gun shop was Whites at Oakridge can' praise them enough

Have fun

I'm using a Beretta ultralight deluxe at the moment, cracking gun good fit and very nice handling, never used a Browning but my shooting buddy does and absolutely loves it , he is a bit of a gorilla though. As said by everyone, try both and see which is most comfortable the only way of really knowing.

Regards Scobydog

• 6 months later...