All terrain tyres

ips

Its a 65 plate Citroen berlingo multispace xtr. I currently have m&s tyres on but want some proper AT on it if I can. Its a brilliant vehicle only let down by being front wheel drive. The M&S work well if traction control turned off but I reckon even better with AT

Let down by being front wheel drive? Why's that? I would have thought this was the best choice for getting grip.

Rather than thinking so much of the tread I would be looking to max the diameter and increase the ground clearance. Even a verge or gateway can quickly disable a non off-roader with little ground clearance. I have managed to get smaller 15 inch wheels (instead of 16inch ) on my Hilux that allow me to use  31x10.5 15 giving me a further 1 inch + clearance.

Let down as in not 4x4.

The xtr model is pseudo off roader with higher and firmer suspension, sump guard and side mouldings, if it was 4x4 it would probably be the best vehicle in the world ?

I am thinking better ms tyres or at tyres with steel wheels would do the trick

1 hour ago, ips said:

Will it not matter that they are minimal larger diameter ?

Would be ideal I will Google em, cheers

They are within 4%, and you are looking at an overall diameter of 26.1 inches with 12mm of tread and Snowflake and M&S rated. After tread is worn to 3mm they will be at 25.5inch) if origninal size is just less than 1/2inch between tyres in radius (standard 215/55/r16 appears to be 25.3 inch diameter) , it's not going to make much difference and certainly should still be well within the tolerances of the car design.

4 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

They are within 4%, and you are looking at an overall diameter of 26.1 inches with 12mm of tread and Snowflake and M&S rated. After tread is worn to 3mm they will be at 25.5inch) if origninal size is just less than 1/2inch between tyres in radius (standard 215/55/r16 appears to be 25.3 inch diameter) , it's not going to make much difference and certainly should still be well within the tolerances of the car design.

Great info, many thanks will definitely be getting some ATs then

On 21/02/2018 at 12:48, Hendrix's rifle said:

Geolanders are a great tyre! Old man has a set on his disco, seems to do everything wet, dry mud and snow. Quiet aswell for. Have a look at the cooper at3's see if there in your size aswell 

Sorry for late reply I missed this.

Will look into the cooper, cheers

PS

Are the geolanders a proper AT rather than MS

11 hours ago, Stonepark said:

They got me from just south of Dundee to inverary today, starting off on snow roads (6 inches) through perthshire, to black top (0 inches) in argyll without any issues.

Will be doing return jouney tomorrow.

Can't argue with that, cheers ?