British Shooting Show OR Northern Shooting Show

Mason4796

So who went to the British Shooting Show this weekend, what were your thoughts?

I had been so excited to drive down from Yorkshire for some months now so perhaps I had built it up a bit too much, but I must admit I was very disappointed with the Show. Having the name "British Shooting Show" I was hoping for a lot more than what was on offer. In fact I think that the Northern Shooting show has stolen the limelight from the BSS. 

The Northern Shooting Show offers all of the guns and clothing but so so much more, outdoor space with a Clay Line, Airsoft range, Archery and lots of stands offering great food. There is so much more to see and do and really is a full day out. 

It was nice to see the large stand sfrom the big boys in the trade (Browning, Edgar Bros etc.) but it didnt quite make up for it in my opinion.

Even with my love of guns i did find that after an hour i was experiencing the 'seen one stand seen them all' feeling at BSS and just looking forward to May when the Northern Shooting Show arrives to Harrogate.

Anyone been to them both and have their opinion on which one is better? 

I wen't saturday and it was rammed you could hardly get down the isles. I did enjoy picking up a few bits and meeting Andy Crow on the field sports Britan stand.

I have been twice to the Northern Shooting show and found it a lot better .As you say the outside clay line and food stands were exeptional . Would not go again

in that format to the BSS the place is like a market it needs more space but like you from Yorkshire its the closest it has ever been so it was a must see.

• 3 weeks later...