Dentists

Walker570

Mine is a very simple job. A full retread job. The set I have are 30yrs old and running on the canvas, replaced the old set on the NHS.   The set I had before also lasted thirty years.  Yes, full set of dentures at 18 and never ever had a problem.  I've not a problem with a six monthly check, I'll just post them with a padded envelope for return, even pay the postage.  :good:

Edited by Walker570

9 hours ago, team tractor said:

One in dosthill Walker  so I’ve been told and a few on the Albert rd.

personally I just pay private now as I like my dentist and nhs wants you to go every 6 months 

Now the Albert Rd dentist of 50 years ago was a Scot by the name of Boyd.

He had a very steady hand and never used much anaesthesia. Could show some of the modern ones how t do it methinks.

22 hours ago, hawkeye said:

I am private with my dentist pay less than £40 pm see my dentist twice a year for check ups ( unless i have a problem then you see her straight away ) 

The hygienist i see every 3 months for a scale and polish the only cost i have apart from my monthly payment is if there is any work to do at the lab then i pay for that...

Got to admit they are the best I've ever been to over the years..

I paid £17 (if I remember right) for an NHS dental check up. Can't remember how long I had to wait, couple of weeks? Dentist did a good thorough job including a polish and didn't want to see me again for 18 months.