Best crow call ?

greylag

20 minutes ago, rizla said:

Primos power crow

The above is the best on the market in my opinion. You can buy other's which cost 3 times as much, and will give you excellent results, but the Primos can be used to call in Jackdaw's, Crow's and Rooks.  Once mastered, it's deadly. I've used them for over 10 years to great effect.

22 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

The above is the best on the market in my opinion. You can buy other's which cost 3 times as much, and will give you excellent results, but the Primos can be used to call in Jackdaw's, Crow's and Rooks.  Once mastered, it's deadly. I've used them for over 10 years to great effect.

+1. Be aware that the practice makes perfect part comes in with this. It takes a bit of time to master but works a treat when you get the hang of it.

10 minutes ago, WelshMike said:

+1. Be aware that the practice makes perfect part comes in with this. It takes a bit of time to master but works a treat when you get the hang of it.

It's strange, but I found it easy to use from day one. Perhaps I was lucky. But I agree that the more you practice with it, the better you 'should' become.

Another good caller is the  Hammerin' Crow call by Hunters Specialties. It works well and is cheap to buy.

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

It's strange, but I found it easy to use from day one. Perhaps I was lucky. But I agree that the more you practice with it, the better you 'should' become.

Another good caller is the  Hammerin' Crow call by Hunters Specialties. It works well and is cheap to buy.

I spent a lot of time making stupid noises none of which sounded like a crow...much to my wifes amusement :lol: Well worth the practice as it works a treat..only problem is I shot the crows so hard that there arent many to go at (farmers are well happy though). 

1 hour ago, WelshMike said:

I spent a lot of time making stupid noises none of which sounded like a crow...much to my wifes amusement :lol: Well worth the practice as it works a treat..only problem is I shot the crows so hard that there arent many to go at (farmers are well happy though). 

Same with me a few years ago Mike. My mate and I shot so many Corvids over a 11 month period, it took 2 years to get the numbers back to 75% of what they were, much to the delight of the farmer!

On 19/02/2018 at 14:59, steve_b_wales said:

Well I’ve just ordered one on eBay as out on thya crows on the weekend :)