Can't log onto my p.c

rec-baller

Just come to switch on my desk top p.c and it won't accept the password I've used for the last 18 months!!

I'm running Windows 8 and all its saying is that my passwrd is incorrect, I've gone onto the Microsoft account change password site, followed the instructions but i still can' log on 

Anybody else got the same problem ?

Shaun 

Edited by rec-baller

My partner couldn't remember her password and couldn't log on. I downloaded a program called Mailpass view, on my computer (which is free ware) onto a memory stick then plugged it into her computer. restarted the locked out computer  and it showed up all the passwords on her machine. This was a while ago but should still be ok. after you are in use the memory stick to make a rescue programme and keep it in your gun safe.

Good luck.

Edited by Flyboy1950

On 20 February 2018 at 00:55, djgeoff said:

Software / Apps such as this seem to undermine the need for security passwords if you can just plug software on a memory stick into someones PC and change their password. Or, as a technophobe, am I missing something?

On 2/21/2018 at 08:29, Bobba said:

Software / Apps such as this seem to undermine the need for security passwords if you can just plug software on a memory stick into someones PC and change their password. Or, as a technophobe, am I missing something?

yep for every security feature theres is prob some hacker that designs a get around .

you can set what they call a bios password but forgetting of loosing that is the end of your device

13 hours ago, Grange1905 said:

A way around this is to start your pc in safe mode, go to control panel, select the user and remove the password completely.

Shocked many friends that bet me I could never get on their pc.

When you restart the pc it will load up as normal and you will be able to set up a new password.

well every pc i have tried in the past running win 7,8 and 10 wont let you access windows in safe mode until you enter password

Edited by djgeoff

14 hours ago, Grange1905 said:

A way around this is to start your pc in safe mode, go to control panel, select the user and remove the password completely.

Shocked many friends that bet me I could never get on their pc.

When you restart the pc it will load up as normal and you will be able to set up a new password.

How do you start it in 'safe' mode?

I am not a geek as you can probably tell by the question.

When starting the pc keep clicking(dont hold) F8 and a screen will come up allowing the option of safe mode.

Worked on win 7 and 10 for me, never used 8.

There should be an option to log in as another user or guest if the specific user still requires a password. 

BIOS passwords can be reset also. There is always a way. 

Edited by Grange1905