Commissar Corbyn

MirokuMK70

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Are you really? Good grief, I do hope not.

JfUK  said it better than i could, corbyn has the young and not so young calling him jezza !.  the weasilly little ### can promise whatever he/they like and not have to deliver,  May on the other hand will be blamed for Brexit, the outcome of which is always going to be considered bad by half the country 

14 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree - and the fact is he is clever, manipulative and devious - and has a strong very clever team behind him who are skilled at 'social media'.

Mrs May on the other hand does not seem particularly clever, has a largely poor and divided team, with a dreadful track record.  She is dull and repetitive, her back office team seem totally incompetent and out of touch ........ but they do have to live with what they deliver (governments do, whereas oppositions can make rash promises and have no 'track record' to defend.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbyn's response to this story breaking has been a classic rabbit in the headlights. I think that speaks volumes.

He has cancelled engagements, won't give interviews and has launched a rambling and very threatening attack on the press.

Jezzer, it appears has had an "Oh ****" moment

Now it has emerged that he and Diane Abbott had a motorcycling holiday togeather in East Germany in the 70s at the height of the cold war when nobody could get permission to enter East Germany without being on the Communist Party's "he's been a very good boy" list

He has also had (free?) holidays in Cuba when there was no way ordinary people got into Cuba.

Edited by Vince Green

15 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Corbyn's response to this story breaking has been a classic rabbit in the headlights. I think that speaks volumes.

He has cancelled engagements, won't give interviews and has launched a rambling and very threatening attack on the press.

Jezzer, it appears has had an "Oh ****" moment

Now it has emerged that he and Diane Abbott had a motorcycling holiday togeather in East Germany in the 70s at the height of the cold war when nobody could get permission to enter East Germany without being on the Communist Party's "he's been a very good boy" list

He has also had (free?) holidays in Cuba when there was no way ordinary people got into Cuba.

Plenty of momentum then?

On 2/20/2018 at 09:47, TriBsa said:

So allegedly Jezza took money from a foreign power in a bloc hostile to the UK in exchange for information. He probably wasn't privy to much, but that would appear treasonable in the more clear cut political situation of the time.

Fast forward to now and it is commonplace for our politicians to share information with a bloc that is hostile to UK interests and their money flows in openly to those here that support them. This hostile bloc being the EU. Yet this collusion and the EU's open meddling is accepted.

My hypocricy meter has gone off on this one.

The  Warsaw Pact countries were a "hostile bloc" that we believed we might have to fight one day.  The EU, bunch of  bleep bleeps that they are, are not in the same league! You cannot defend the indefensible!

On 2/20/2018 at 10:36, yod dropper said:

The exact words from the Czech archivists were interesting (Today Program, R4 this morning) and it appears Labour has responded with carefully chosen words.  His links and sympathies are well known and yet this doesn't dent his standing.  Of his close three, his communications chap, Seamus Milne, worked for Communist publications but was never a member and his election campaign fella, Andrew Murray, was a member of the communist party for over 40 years yet this hasn't been a bar to people voting Labour, in fact many people like it.  

If history teaching in school had concentrated on Marxist regimes and the cold war rather than the Nazis people might understand things better.  Every drop wears away the stone though and it's of some relief that I hear some hardcore traditional labour voters saying they could never vote for Mr. Corbyn.  I fear though his successor will be much as Mr. Corbyn is;  the front these people behind the scenes.

Well said!

On 2/20/2018 at 11:55, Yellow Bear said:

It is also very noticeable how quiet the "glorious impartial " BBC is being about this - any other party and it would be daily headlines

They haven,t been impartial for over 35 years! Maggie upset them when she told them that the yearly rise in the licence fee would no longer be automatic!

23 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Many of today's electorate are too young to remember the Wilson and Callaghan governments - permanent industrial unrest, rampant inflation, Dennis Healey having to plead with the IMF to borrow more money, sky high taxes, British Rail, British Leyland, British Steel, British Coal, all loosing money and lurching from one strike to the next.  Len Murray, Jack Jones, Derek Robinson, Derek Hatton, Arthur Scargill, Mick McGahey all leading strikes.  Rampant inflation, interest rates high.

When Mrs Thatcher came to power the country was in a mess, with rubbish piling in the streets and the dead left unburried, the so called 'winter of discontent'.  What Thatcher did HURT many people, but it had to be done - and there was 10 years of pain, redundancy, unemployment to heal the economy.  People blamed Thatcher, but the cause was the overspending and loss of monetary control by the previous Labour administrations

Absolutely correct!

The trouble with this image is that it's not far from what you see in your minds eye! Whilst I'm sure this 'commie spy' story is aimed at getting rid of him (which I would support) I'm sure he was not a direct threat to UK security just a misguided individual who cosied up to any foreign party or individual who shared his extreme left view of politics. 

We are entering a scary time in UK politics - labour/momentum will completely screw our economy and possibly reverse Brexit and the Tories post-Brexit will struggle to ever have a decent majority certainly in my lifetime.

12 minutes ago, norfolk dumpling said:

The trouble with this image is that it's not far from what you see in your minds eye! Whilst I'm sure this 'commie spy' story is aimed at getting rid of him (which I would support) I'm sure he was not a direct threat to UK security just a misguided individual who cosied up to any foreign party or individual who shared his extreme left view of politics. 

We are entering a scary time in UK politics - labour/momentum will completely screw our economy and possibly reverse Brexit and the Tories post-Brexit will struggle to ever have a decent majority certainly in my lifetime.

Along with him having contempt  for "our" way of life I think he is a true politician who will take anything he can get away with.

Two things stand out for me;

First I agree with both of the above posts.  He may have had little to offer, but to offer anything (to in effect our 'enemies') was blatantly wrong.

Second - he has (allegedly) made 'threats' that when in power he will be 'coming for' the free press.  Now this is what totalitarian regimes (left and right) do.  Stop free speech.  Quote below is from the Daily Fail.

And then, addressing the 'Press barons' with their 'bad old habits', he incautiously unveils a sinister threat that sounds incongruous in the mouth of a supposedly democratic politician: 'Well, we've got news for them. Change is coming.'  This can only mean one thing — that the freedom newspapers enjoy to ask difficult questions about any matter of public interest, such as Corbyn's past (and, indeed, the record of any politician) would be curtailed if his hard-Left version of Labour comes to power.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:36, yod dropper said:

The exact words from the Czech archivists were interesting (Today Program, R4 this morning) and it appears Labour has responded with carefully chosen words.  His links and sympathies are well known and yet this doesn't dent his standing.  Of his close three, his communications chap, Seamus Milne, worked for Communist publications but was never a member and his election campaign fella, Andrew Murray, was a member of the communist party for over 40 years yet this hasn't been a bar to people voting Labour, in fact many people like it.  

If history teaching in school had concentrated on Marxist regimes and the cold war rather than the Nazis people might understand things better.  Every drop wears away the stone though and it's of some relief that I hear some hardcore traditional labour voters saying they could never vote for Mr. Corbyn.  I fear though his successor will be much as Mr. Corbyn is;  the front these people behind the scenes.

Well said!

When Hitler and his pals invaded  other countries, they did 3 things.....They  took over the Press, they confiscated all radio transmitters in private hands, ....and they confiscated ALL guns.  Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and others of this ilk imitated this successfully!

6 hours ago, norfolk dumpling said:

I was listening to a discussion on the radio last night about this, there was a professor of cold war era history talking about Corbyn saying he wouldn't have had anything to give them directly but he knew a lot of people and his usefulness, to them, might have been in making introductions. Like you, I think he was a nieve and stupid idealist but he was having meetings with this man and he can't now pretend it never happened

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I was listening to a discussion on the radio last night about this, there was a professor of cold war era history talking about Corbyn saying he wouldn't have had anything to give them directly but he knew a lot of people and his usefulness, to them, might have been in making introductions. Like you, I think he was a nieve and stupid idealist but he was having meetings with this man and he can't now pretend it never happened

The fact as far as Im concerned is this.
If he did know something of use to the 'enemy' he would have given it, to further his ideals and agenda.
So its guilt by conspiracy.
Naive, idealistic ?
They sound pretty harmless, but when you work with a foreign power, against the interests of your own government and country its a very serious matter.
In war time , you would be up against a wall.

14 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The fact as far as Im concerned is this.
If he did know something of use to the 'enemy' he would have given it, to further his ideals and agenda.
So its guilt by conspiracy.
Naive, idealistic ?
They sound pretty harmless, but when you work with a foreign power, against the interests of your own government and country its a very serious matter.
In war time , you would be up against a wall.

Exactly: he may not have had much to give, but he was willing to give it (and probably got paid for doing so) and knew exactly what he was doing.  He is not a fool, but a clever, manipulative and devious man.

44 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Exactly: he may not have had much to give, but he was willing to give it (and probably got paid for doing so) and knew exactly what he was doing.  He is not a fool, but a clever, manipulative and devious man.

And despite the jovial piccy, that is the scary thing.