UK Proofing

Benkent

I'm currently waiting for my local shop to get the Mossberg 590s in stock that have been sitting awaiting proof for 4 weeks. There's me thinking they must nearly be done. Find out today from the shop the proof factory in London haven't even started them yet.

Seems to be the fact we only have two proof houses in the UK clearly isn't enough.

They have told them they will be done in 10 days which is the time it would take apparently.

I hate waiting for new guns lol.

Edited by Benkent

It's so annoying I've been waiting 5 weeks so far. It must be just as annoying for the dealers as they obviously want the stock to sell. It's probably not helped when I've been watching loads of videos on YouTube and looking at accessories and peli cases to put it in etc lol.

Fingers crossed they will get them by the end of next week but I won't get my hopes up too much lol.

14 hours ago, Green hornet said:

I’ve had it take upto 3months for a shotgun to come back after a magazine restriction to be proofed.

That's a crazy amount of time. I have heard that they offer a while you wait service but if they are this far behind I'm not sure how try that can be at the moment.

18 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I feel your pain, I'm waiting for a Howa barrel and action to get through proofing, was told that it would be two weeks so fingers crossed!:good:

I'l keep my fingers crossed for you mate.

When you do get it strip, clean and lube it.  I've had two 44 under levers come back dry as a bone and filthy :no:

I've also seen a couple of Lee Enfield rifles come back still caked in their original cosmoline that have obviously never been fired :unhappy:

Edited by phaedra1106

18 minutes ago, phaedra1106 said:

When you do get it strip, clean and lube it.  I've had two 44 under levers come back dry as a bone and filthy :no:

I've also seen a couple of Lee Enfield rifles come back still caked in their original cosmoline that have obviously never been fired :unhappy:

Yeah I was reading on the Mossberg page that a few people had stripped and cleaned them when they got them so I will do that. Doesn't look too difficult to do watched a few videos on YouTube.

Cheers mate.

17 hours ago, Benkent said:

Bit of update the proof house said they are now in the workshop so will hopefully be done this week.

Does anyone know how they send weapons to shops? Do they use a special security courier? 

Same as the rest of gun trade they are just another company no special rules they use Parcel Force 

On 04/03/2018 at 09:34, Continental Shooter said:

I'd love a proof house in Scotland ?

Clearly the two proof houses the UK has isn't enough but I spoke to them today and they was just waiting for the proof factory to ring and they will go and collect so fingers crossed I'll be able to collect this week.

• 2 weeks later...