Transferring ammo

51 minutes ago, AYA117 said:

Yes officially you do have to enter it on his certificate !

No you don't. Check and make sure he/she has that calibre rifle hand them over . Only a RFD has to write/enter them onto the FAC License. I checked this along with getting Projectiles from abroad with Firearms HQ :good:

6 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

No you don't. Check and make sure he/she has that calibre rifle hand them over . Only a RFD has to write/enter them onto the FAC License. I checked this along with getting Projectiles from abroad with Firearms HQ :good:

Sorry but what they told you is not true ! Check on your certificate where ammunition is entered and look at E where it says 'Authority to posses (e.g. firearm certificate or dealer's registration number) and B says 'Name and address of person selling or transferring ammunition'

13 minutes ago, AYA117 said:

Sorry but what they told you is not true ! Check on your certificate where ammunition is entered and look at E where it says 'Authority to posses (e.g. firearm certificate or dealer's registration number) and B says 'Name and address of person selling or transferring ammunition'

Yes Selling RFD . Also I've held a FAC for 40+ years :yes:

I personally have never had a issue doing as directed by my Firearms department if you have then please feel free to contact Cambridgeshire HQ :good:

1 hour ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Yes Selling RFD . Also I've held a FAC for 40+ years 

I personally have never had a issue doing as directed by my Firearms department if you have then please feel free to contact Cambridgeshire HQ :good:

Whether your firearms department tell you to do it or not it is incorrect. Doing something for a long time doesn't make it right either. The transfer of ammunition has to be entered into the recipient's certificate.

"Authority to possess" and "name and address" is not limited to RFD. It means anyone transferring ammo.

Edd

21 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Whether your firearms department tell you to do it or not it is incorrect. Doing something for a long time doesn't make it right either. The transfer of ammunition has to be entered into the recipient's certificate.

"Authority to possess" and "name and address" is not limited to RFD. It means anyone transferring ammo.

Edd

Thank you !

It doesn't matter what your firearms department or FEO tells you, it's your FAC you have to comply with, not their interpretation of it. You have to fill in table 2 (Ammunition) if you give or sell any ammo to another FAC holder.

The gentleman above who says otherwise is mistaken and/or has been given wrong information by his firearms team. 

Edited by walshie

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Blimey. 

Just pass them over. And for goodness sake don't tell the pw law society or you will be tried and hung this coming Friday at 9.

:lol:    I was only answering the original question ! There are many things that should 'officially' be done :hmm:

Aren't hangings done at sun up :)

6 hours ago, deershooter said:

Dam I just loaded 500 .357 do I put them on my certificate? The amount I reload it would have to be 10 foot long it's 14 rounds FGS not 1400 

If it was 1400 should he then enter then onto the recipient's certificate?

1 or 100000 the facts don't change. The transfer of ANY ammunition must be recorded on FAC. 

I know that in the real world people give away ammo all the time but that's not the question here and is not the point.

Someone has asked how to do it properly and the answer is to recorded it on the certificate regardless of quantity.

Edd

Edited by eddoakley

1 hour ago, eddoakley said:

If it was 1400 should he then enter then onto the recipient's certificate?

1 or 100000 the facts don't change. The transfer of ANY ammunition must be recorded on FAC. 

I know that in the real world people give away ammo all the time but that's not the question here and is not the point.

Someone has asked how to do it properly and the answer is to recorded it on the certificate regardless of quantity.

Edd

This. 

11 hours ago, walshie said:

It doesn't matter what your firearms department or FEO tells you, it's your FAC you have to comply with, not their interpretation of it. You have to fill in table 2 (Ammunition) if you give or sell any ammo to another FAC holder.

The gentleman above who says otherwise is mistaken and/or has been given wrong information by his firearms team. 

:lol: okay in your world perhaps. 

i personally will continue to take advice/notice of my Firearms Department HQ and where in my post did i mention FEO.

Edited by 6.5x55SE

I do not buy factory ammo for any of my cf rifles nor do I have bullets added to ticket.... the flo can see my room is kitted out for reloading and if he wants to question my usage he can see the used primer on the floor or hundreds of pictures on my mobile all of me out shooting.

1 hour ago, SPARKIE said:

I do not buy factory ammo for any of my cf rifles nor do I have bullets added to ticket.... the flo can see my room is kitted out for reloading and if he wants to question my usage he can see the used primer on the floor or hundreds of pictures on my mobile all of me out shooting.

When I purchase bullets to reload, my RFD's add them on my certificate. I don't mind this, as at least it shows that I am purchasing them.

My ammunition allowance is let's say considerable ( over 12000 rounds for 8 guns ) apart from 9 mm I have not purchased a rifle round in 20 years I make them all nothing I make gets put on the certificate . However I have a loading log that lists every round I have ever loaded .

Edited by deershooter

18 minutes ago, deershooter said:

My ammunition allowance is let's say considerable ( over 12000 rounds for 8 guns ) apart from 9 mm I have not purchased a rifle round in 20 years I make them all nothing I make gets put on the certificate . However I have a loading log that lists every round I have ever loaded .

Maybe more shooting and less reloading :lol:

I think I should start making them too I am paying £27 a box for .243 not cheap.