Transferring ammo

I think the bit on the FAC gives it away " Guidance to anybody who sells, lets on hire, gives or lends firearms and / or ammunition to the holder of this certificate:

1. You must complete each column of table 1 firearms or table 2 ammunition."

Some people should try having a quick peek at their certificates, its amazing what you can learn!

1 hour ago, Rst1990 said:

Let’s hope he’s got it in writing that you can just give ammo away without a record. I wouldn’t wanna do it without it on paper and signed.

If you are referring to myself Get your facts ?% before spouting rubbish.

I DON'T never have or ever will give away loaded FAC ammunition.

1 hour ago, bluesj said:

I think the bit on the FAC gives it away " Guidance to anybody who sells, lets on hire, gives or lends firearms and / or ammunition to the holder of this certificate:

1. You must complete each column of table 1 firearms or table 2 ammunition."

Some people should try having a quick peek at their certificates, its amazing what you can learn!

It also amazes me how people can't read or understand what is posted/typed .

6 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

If you are referring to myself Get your facts ?% before spouting rubbish.

I DON'T never have or ever will give away loaded FAC ammunition.

It also amazes me how people can't read or understand what is posted/typed .

Errrr so you never said....... “Check and make sure he/she has that calibre rifle hand them over”

sounds to me aswell as others by the sound of it that YOU DO give away loaded fac ammunition without recording. Not good advice :no:

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 19:45, 6.5x55SE said:

No you don't. Check and make sure he/she has that calibre rifle hand them over . Only a RFD has to write/enter them onto the FAC License. I checked this along with getting Projectiles from abroad with Firearms HQ :good:

Your Firearms HQ probably think 'This guy has 40+ years of experience and is spot on with his terminology so the normal laws don't apply' :lol::lol:

5 hours ago, oowee said:

Maybe more shooting and less reloading :lol:

I think I should start making them too I am paying £27 a box for .243 not cheap. 

I shoot plenty I normally get through 100 9mm 50 357 and 100-150 .22 at the range each week ,I am member of 3 clubs . I shoot hares in May for crop protection on sugar beet we can get rid of 50 .223 in a night a good night rabbiting can be 100 rounds of .22 during March /April / May 

25 minutes ago, Rst1990 said:

Errrr so you never said....... “Check and make sure he/she has that calibre rifle hand them over”

sounds to me aswell as others by the sound of it that YOU DO give away loaded fac ammunition without recording. Not good advice 

There you go AGAIN making things up Where have I typed/ posted i give loaded FAC ammunition away or said i do .

Just proves my point for all to read/see it's the likes of yourself that makes things up to make you look right . Your be telling me next it's Legal to sell home loaded ammunition FAC or Not :hmm:

29 minutes ago, hambone said:

Your Firearms HQ probably think 'This guy has 40+ years of experience and is spot on with his terminology so the normal laws don't apply' 

Show's you are wrong again can't read or understand text/type posts  

I indeed have 40+ years FAC experience but why would my FAC department think that when the question was asked 20 odd years ago :rolleyes: i never posted I'd just asked or recently.

2 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

I indeed have 40+ years FAC experience but why would my FAC department think that when the question was asked 20 odd years ago :rolleyes: i never posted I'd just asked or recently.

:lol::lol::lol: 

I'm out on this one. Night all.

8 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

I indeed have 40+ years FAC experience but why would my FAC department think that when the question was asked 20 odd years ago  i never posted I'd just asked or recently.

May be Cambridgeshire firearms licensing department give out different certificates to the ones most of us seem to have or may be they should read what is printed on one! 

Edited by bluesj

44 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

There you go AGAIN making things up Where have I typed/ posted i give loaded FAC ammunition away or said i do .

Just proves my point for all to read/see it's the likes of yourself that makes things up to make you look right . Your be telling me next it's Legal to sell home loaded ammunition FAC or Not :hmm:

Hopefully by now people have seen the errors.

if someone looks at this thread in time to come, don’t rely on silly bits of information from some individuals That got told something 20 years ago, laws change.

do not give/sell fac ammunition and not write on the recipients fac law is the law, it’s up to you to abide by it.

On 21/02/2018 at 12:53, SPARKIE said:

just spoken to Derbyshire firearms everyone is in the same boat you don't have to show usage anymore. if you reload just tell them they said when its renewal time.

Do you know if this is official? Because at my last renewal (South Wales) my new FEO said that he'd be looking to lower my ammunition allowance (at next renewal) if I couldn't show more usage...

1 hour ago, sandspider said:

Do you know if this is official? Because at my last renewal (South Wales) my new FEO said that he'd be looking to lower my ammunition allowance (at next renewal) if I couldn't show more usage...

If you are not using the ammo it shouldn't be if they drop your allowance should it? 

12 hours ago, sandspider said:

are you an armchair shooter who goes once a year and the guns collect dust or do you shoot a lot...?  some forces don't like guns being held if there not being used.... I reload and they can see ive spent a lot of money on equipment to do so also have quite large stocks of bullets and powder for use. i can also show them plenty of photographs of me at various ranges and pictures of me with various dead foxs... what more evidence do they need that i use them.

17 hours ago, bluesj said:

If you are not using the ammo it shouldn't be if they drop your allowance should it? 

5 hours ago, SPARKIE said:

are you an armchair shooter who goes once a year and the guns collect dust or do you shoot a lot...?  some forces don't like guns being held if there not being used.... I reload and they can see ive spent a lot of money on equipment to do so also have quite large stocks of bullets and powder for use. i can also show them plenty of photographs of me at various ranges and pictures of me with various dead foxs... what more evidence do they need that i use them.

I used to shoot more than I do now, as I've now got a small baby, live in a different place further from my main permission etc. When I originally got my FAC, I was authorised to buy 500 and keep 600, as the granting FEO was happy that I wanted to buy bricks of 500 rounds at a time for consistency of ammo batching and accuracy, as well as a cost saving. Then I probably shot around 300 rounds per year. The new FEO said that wanting to buy ammo in bulk (for accuracy or cost) is not grounds for an ammo allowance, and I currently only shoot maybe 100 rounds a year.

It's a bit of a moot point as hopefully I'll get more time to shoot when the baby is a bit older, but I was just interested as to whether there was actually no need to show usage any more? Sounds like there still is, at least in Wales...

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 06:26, eddoakley said:

If it was 1400 should he then enter then onto the recipient's certificate?

1 or 100000 the facts don't change. The transfer of ANY ammunition must be recorded on FAC. 

I know that in the real world people give away ammo all the time but that's not the question here and is not the point.

Someone has asked how to do it properly and the answer is to recorded it on the certificate regardless of quantity.

Edd

Spot on. :good:

I am amazed by some of the comments on this thread, this is a forum open to anyone who wants to look, one member has seriously got his wires crossed via his region (it never ceases to amaze me how many regions/FEO don't know the LAW), and at least one other contributor is openly advocating breaking the LAW, it isn't a complicated procedure, what is the problem doing it correctly and legally?!