Sign in to follow this  
samboy

Thermal question.

Hi all.

Are thermal base layers meant to be close or loose fitting ?.

Thanks all.

Hiya

I think you will find they need to be relatively close fitting to allow the sweat to transfer/wick off you to the next layer so that remain dry.

L

Tight for a base layer, little bit of give for a thermal. Make sure the base layer is covered, even if it’s only by a thin layer and you’ll stay warm. I thought they would work like a thermal so just wore a polo shirt over the top, my body was warm enough but my arms were frozen, the wind goes straight through them and they seem to hold the cold in then.

Edited by Trevorevans

Mine are tight and yes it is then difficult to get correct leg/arm length. Resisted wearing them for years, ( guess I watched too many old cowboy movies, with white longjohns with flap at the rear) but wouldn't be without the modern style ones I wear, mainly from M&S I believe.

11 hours ago, getthegat said:

Mine are tight and yes it is then difficult to get correct leg/arm length. Resisted wearing them for years, ( guess I watched too many old cowboy movies, with white longjohns with flap at the rear) but wouldn't be without the modern style ones I wear, mainly from M&S I believe.

hello, been wearing thermal under wear for years, i tend to pay around £10 a set which is average decent, my son bought me a set from M and S for christmas, now my sunday best:lol: