GOD BLESS OUR NHS

wingnut

If It wasn't for these people i could possibly have been dead on Sunday, God bless them, and all the amazing hospital doctors, nurses, consultants etc Derby Royal Infirmary glad you were all there when i needed you.

Totally unexpected heart attack, which if it wasn't for the speed of the paramedics and the great skills and expertise of ALL NHS  Staff i probably wouldn't be upright, above ground and breathing today.

God bless all of them, These people are absolutely amazing, and don't get the respect that they deserve.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while waiting to be discharged from the Heart Centre at MRI on the 29th Dec, after my procedure, was talking to a guy on the corridor, he still seemed to in a mild state of shock, he died Christmas day morning, if he hadn't been at his sons to give his grand kids their Christmas presents that would have been it for him, whizzed him into the local hospital, they transferred him to MRI, 2 stents, was due to have the other stents done after 6 weeks, I think the NHS is amazing, its looked after me well up till now

Yes NHS generally fantastic. My little family have all 'enjoyed' blue light rides and emergency treatment recently which was excellent but unfortunately my disabled son has not been so lucky and some of his experiences have been very very poor indeed - it is almost as if he has no value and gets the bare minimum of treatment/attention. Whilst this may be viewed as paranoia one consultant who was treating his epilepsy did admit he goes the extra mile as he knows that if he does his best for the patient it eases the burden on the immediate and wider family. This was in response to an unpleasant situation where we were unhappy with the previous consultant who made it very difficult to change tack. The new guy also corrected medication which had quite clearly been incorrectly prescibed!! Our sons condition then improved considerably. We are now facing another uphill struggle but with long-term cancer for the poor little sod! A second hospital, which has stepped in to help, has been absolutely brilliant. It's a lottery chaps and chapesses!

Now you need to take care of yourself, eejit - sounds like it may have been curtains but for the grace of God and the Emergency services. Brings me to tears sometimes when I see these guys at work. Get yourself sorted and let those around you care for you till you are back to full strength - very best of luck.

can quite often be a wake up call if you survive the heart attack, sounds obvious but do as your told and get yourself better.

the NHS gets a load of stick but just imagine where we would be without it, it can be a lottery for sure and you need to know you can question decisions.

I'm typing this from a hospice where my mum is, the staff have been amazing , not a job i could do.

2 hours ago, itchy trigger said:

while waiting to be discharged from the Heart Centre at MRI on the 29th Dec, after my procedure, was talking to a guy on the corridor, he still seemed to in a mild state of shock, he died Christmas day morning, if he hadn't been at his sons to give his grand kids their Christmas presents that would have been it for him, whizzed him into the local hospital, they transferred him to MRI, 2 stents, was due to have the other stents done after 6 weeks, I think the NHS is amazing, its looked after me well up till now

Eh?

5 hours ago, wingnut said:

If It wasn't for these people i could possibly have been dead on Sunday, God bless them, and all the amazing hospital doctors, nurses, consultants etc Derby Royal Infirmary glad you were all there when i needed you.

Totally unexpected heart attack, which if it wasn't for the speed of the paramedics and the great skills and expertise of ALL NHS  Staff i probably wouldn't be upright, above ground and breathing today.

God bless all of them, These people are absolutely amazing, and don't get the respect that they deserve.

Glad your ok Andy, cross you off for beating up at the "Castle" this next season then.:good:

The NHS usually works well for actual emergencies but my family's experiences of 1 or 2 elective procedures has been pretty dismal.

Despite the commitment and dedication of many of the staff who are in no way to blame, I frankly don't think the NHS is wonderful, in fact I don't believe the NHS is sustainable as a free service, fully funded by the taxpayer, for ever. Anyone with any business sense will tell you that if something offered for free it will always reach the stage of being unable to keep up with demand and that's where we are right now with the NHS. Any doctor will tell you that they have endless streams of people demanding prescriptions for things like paracetamol which they can buy in Tesco for 60p but want the NHS to spend £12 providing it instead. Often as not, simply for an easy life, the Doctor does as asked. A situation that has been getting worse for a good many years and will only continue to do so.

The NHS is not short of resources (code word for money), it's overburdened with demand from a rapidly growing population, an increasing proportion of which is presenting with largely avoidable and expensive to treat conditions such as Type 2 diabetes.

Pumping in another 5,10, 20 or 100 billion won't solve anything, it will only delay the next crisis.

I am very critical of the NHS but not the staff. When my mother (85) was taken ill I was amazed that the ambulance crew could not call up her history on their tablets. In this day and age its ridiculous that they can't. Instead we had an hour long question and answer session while they filled out a big long form. Most of it trivial information and not at all sensitive really.

A brand new ambulance sitting outside while two highly trained paramedics fill out a form . I wonder how many times a week they do that? and how many people have died as a result because "We have no ambulances available at present"

My superfit paragliding ,windsurfing brother in law aged 57 bang out of the blue heart attack ,4 stents fitted and recovering nicely now.Whatever people think the NHS do a grand job with what resources they have available and the heart units seem to have very good caring staff.Hats off tothem

5 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Glad your ok Andy, cross you off for beating up at the "Castle" this next season then.:good:

Hi , Harrycatcat1 , I still have nightmares about that walk to the last drive on your shoot, still remember how deep the snow / snow drifts were  that day and most of all coming down that very steep hill in my old jag (sideways) due to treacherous road conditions, its funny , i only went past the other week and told my misses about it as we went past.

Looking back on it now it seems that i missed the previous 7-9 minor episodes , just putting it down to a bad cold that i had as the symptoms only appeared after a coughing fit, it now feels so surreal, and almost as if it never happened, if it wasn't for all the tablets i will have to take everyday, and the holes and bruising in my arm where they put the tube in for the stents and intravenous drip i would have said it was a dream.

In myself  I feel fine, but have been warned its not over for quite a while yet , and am not totally out of danger, and i must take care in what i do for the next 12 months as next time i may not be so lucky, 4 weeks off work (self employed  :unhappy:  ) no driving for 4 weeks, must inform my insurance of this apparently, change my lifestyle, more exercise, healthier diet, quit smoking, already started these and long may it continue, considering changing my job to one that is totally stress free and doesn't involve driving 1000 mile a week

20 minutes ago, wingnut said:

Hi , Harrycatcat1 , I still have nightmares about that walk to the last drive on your shoot, still remember how deep the snow / snow drifts were  that day and most of all coming down that very steep hill in my old jag (sideways) due to treacherous road conditions, its funny , i only went past the other week and told my misses about it as we went past.

Looking back you were brave to go there in the Jag.:lol:

I am glad that you are recovering:good:

Take care pal.

13 minutes ago, wingnut said:

change my lifestyle, more exercise, healthier diet, quit smoking, already started these and long may it continue,

I remain utterly mystified that the bulk of the population people don't consider their health and well being until something like a heart attack knocks them over. If everyone paid even a small amount of attention to their weight, diet, exercise etc the NHS would half the size and awash with money.

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I am very critical of the NHS but not the staff. When my mother (85) was taken ill I was amazed that the ambulance crew could not call up her history on their tablets. In this day and age its ridiculous that they can't. Instead we had an hour long question and answer session while they filled out a big long form. Most of it trivial information and not at all sensitive really.

A brand new ambulance sitting outside while two highly trained paramedics fill out a form . I wonder how many times a week they do that? and how many people have died as a result because "We have no ambulances available at present"

Between 5 and 8 times a day for me!