Thieving Scum

steve_b_wales

Some of you may recall me mentioning, back last year, about someone stealing a resin statue of a Jack Russell dog that was under my son's bench in the cemetery. The bench was purchased with funds raised by his school, and the statue looked just like his dog.

There's also a small tree close to the bench, and for the past 10+ years, whenever I've gone away abroad on holidays, I've always brought back a keyring and attached it to the tree. So, there should have been at least 10 on it.

I went up to the cemetery yesterday morning to put flowers down by his stone, as it would have been his 29th birthday. (I lost him 15 years ago) Looking at the tree, I could see that one of the keyrings had fallen off, owing to the cord on it rotting, but I only counted 5 on the branches. This means that at least 4 of them have been stolen.

It really pee's me off to see this, and I wonder how low 'people' can get.(I use that term loosely) I mentioned it to the guys working there, but they said that it's impossible to keep an eye on it, which I agree. Whoever stole these are total scum, and I wish them all ill health and sickness for the rest of their days.

I'm going to contact my local paper too, not that it will make a difference, as these scumbags have no moral's or principle's.

Thieving low life have no respect. It beggars belief that some one would do this sort of thing. I hope they print it too but i suspect that they have no conscience to do such a thing. It's easy to go around thinking that most people have the same values and principles as the rest of us and then when you hear this it makes you question who is out there.

Just now, oowee said:

Thieving low life have no respect. It beggars belief that some one would do this sort of thing. I hope they print it too but i suspect that they have no conscience to do such a thing. It's easy to go around thinking that most people have the same values and principles as the rest of us and then when you hear this it makes you question who is out there.

The sad part is that this is not 'kids' that are doing this, but older teenagers/adults. I would set a trail camera up in the trees, but so many people go past the bench.

It is unfortunately the world we now live in, what you had done Steve is put out free offering for the youth of today to take as they feel fit. Not something i would do myself, and you obviously felt right in leaving something at your lost ones memorial to help in your bereavement. 

But !!! 

there are allot of people that breath the same air as yourself that will never feel the same as you, and just see the treasure hanging in the tree, or the garden ornament as just there for the taking. 

Very saddened to hear of this, I hope the scum responsible get their comeuppance, unfortunately the namby pamby society we now live seems to tolerate and make excuses for these type of retrobates, we should have zero tolerance for this type of behaviour that causes so much suffering to good people. Really hope they get caught mate.

1 hour ago, das said:

Sorry that somebody has taken part of a precious memory. Way of the world now, no respect for anyone or anything.

At least the keyrings were not 'belonging' to my son. The resin statue was his.

22 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Very saddened to hear of this, I hope the scum responsible get their comeuppance, unfortunately the namby pamby society we now live seems to tolerate and make excuses for these type of retrobates, we should have zero tolerance for this type of behaviour that causes so much suffering to good people. Really hope they get caught mate.

I'd like to meet the person or persons who stole the items. That way, I could point out the error of their ways. Sadly, they won't get caught.

1 minute ago, davewh100 said:

hi steve could you not plant a nice tree/Bush in your garden for the key rings so you know there going to be safe just a thought mate i know you shouldn't have to but wen there is scum about you need to re think

I've actually planted many Oak & Horse Chestnut trees on farmland, in his memory, plus given out many 100's of the same trees to farmers/landowners and to whoever wants them. I started with the keyrings on my first overseas holiday after I lost my son, and kept up the 'tradition' ever since.

They have absolutely no conscience at all. None. It's why I give up trying to see through the eyes of these sh*ts. How/why people like this behave the way they do can happily remain a mystery to me, I don't care, they simply don't have the same reasoning/logic system as we do, I just hope someone gets their hands on them. Really sorry to hear this.

You 'should' go to your local paper with this, and give as much detail as you can about the missing key rings, in the hope that someone somewhere can point the finger at the pilfering towrag/s with their newly acquired key rings!

Desecration is inexcusable, but don't let it stop you attaching more……. just leave a laminated note saying "Please feel free to be ashamed if you rob from here again" or something to that effect.

3 hours ago, KB1 said:

You 'should' go to your local paper with this, and give as much detail as you can about the missing key rings, in the hope that someone somewhere can point the finger at the pilfering towrag/s with their newly acquired key rings!

Desecration is inexcusable, but don't let it stop you attaching more……. just leave a laminated note saying "Please feel free to be ashamed if you rob from here again" or something to that effect.

I've just emailed my local newspaper to see if they are interested in covering the story. They were also informed about the theft last year, but didn't go any further with it. I have mentioned the latest thefts on the local Facebook page too.

My shooting friend Greg died very suddenly ten years ago. He is buried in the cemetery about ten mins walk from where I live. I have a couple of other friends are buried in the cemetery as well. I do visit the cemetery sometimes to pay my respects.

When I have visited his grave I usually leave a few fired cartridge cases on his stone. As much as anything its to let his wife know I have been. She definitely would not move them but they do disappear  There have been reports in the paper of teddy bears, football scarfs and things being taken  

I have read in the papers before of people moving things from church yards because they don't think they should be there, quite often older people.

Doesn't make it right but its slightly better than the ides of folk stealing things.

Still not sure how or why some one would interfere with a grave they know nothing about.