Out with the my lad

Neil23

4 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

How old is he and whats he shooting if you don't mind me asking  .?

Im thinking of getting my boy who is 9 into it soon 

He’s 9 and that’s his 410 on the pics. He’s been shooting that around 7-8 months now and shot rifles since he was about 4-5 years he’s got a good eye.???

2 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

great pics. my eldest who is 8 has a good go with his 410. had a couple of goes at my clay club but enjoys ferreting the most. he also likes knocking cans over with grandads garden gun

Nothing better.. he’s got his own membership now ..I’d rather put the money into him getting better, as I say I get so much enjoyment out of just watching him it’s great seeing him shoot.

15 minutes ago, Neil23 said:

Nothing better.. he’s got his own membership now ..I’d rather put the money into him getting better, as I say I get so much enjoyment out of just watching him it’s great seeing him shoot.

i was shooting when i was his age ferreting etc. i could not get enough. but i am afraid xboxs, i pads etc make it hard to get the kids out now. to be fair my lad likes football most. but there is hope for my 4 year old he loves cleaning guns and cleaning the ferrets and dogs out:yes:

4 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Great stuff.Its nice to see youngsters coming through. both my lads learnt on clays not as young as yours though.

I like the pic in the snow as it looks like you have captured the shot string.In fact they are all good but that's my favourite.

Yeah looks god doesn’t it

933CD1C6-90D6-4D31-8898-A9212DF6E127.jpeg

2 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

i was shooting when i was his age ferreting etc. i could not get enough. but i am afraid xboxs, i pads etc make it hard to get the kids out now. to be fair my lad likes football most. but there is hope for my 4 year old he loves cleaning guns and cleaning the ferrets and dogs out:yes:

I that’s it ..games consoles are taking over but there’s nothing I hate more than the kids sitting in the house instead of wanting to be out , I was never in haha.. luckily he’s not to fussed about his PlayStation rarely goes on it .. loves the clays on a Sunday and been out with me with our rifles or shooting over decoys. Also getting into boxing goes there twice a week..

Great photos, I have recently started my 12 year old daughter with a 410 , against everyone's advice. Most advise a 20 bore but she seems to do ok with it, as you say it's all about getting them out there and offering them something different that they can take with them through life.

043.jpg

2 hours ago, Wilksy II said:

Good on you Neil, it great to see, I wish someone had nurtured my enthusiasm early on, unfortunately I put my 12yr old daughter off for life put her on the Basc have a go stand at a game fair and she didn’t like the kick, she’s not bad with an air rifle though 

That’s a big shame .. he stared with air rifles then rimfires shot a good few rabbits and a few rats now .

2 hours ago, Wilksy II said:

Good on you Neil, it great to see, I wish someone had nurtured my enthusiasm early on, unfortunately I put my 12yr old daughter off for life put her on the Basc have a go stand at a game fair and she didn’t like the kick, she’s not bad with an air rifle though 

The number of times that I have heard JUST that is incredible. I have recently been slated on another Forum for stating that I used  a 12 or 20 bore semi auto for Instruction on such things as corporate days and 'have a go stands'.  I used them for THAT very reason. I can safely say, hand on heart, I have NEVER been responsible for hurting any pupil in this way.