Victor sarasqueta

Clay cracker

The date code appears to indicate 1961 as yr of manufacture.

A photo showing the other barrel flat clearly would reveal the maker.

Looks a good quality gun ,built on a different action to the later VS boxlocks.

Would stick to traditional game loads in it.

Edited by matone

5 hours ago, AYA117 said:

I think 850kg is 1 1/4oz (36g)  I think that is the maximum load!

?% correct followed by 900kg = 1-1/2oz. Then 3" chamber 1000kg 1-5/8oz then 1200kg = 1-7/8oz but in recent years to stop the confusion ( well some ) most are Proofed for 1200kg wether they have 2-3/4" or 3" chambers :good:

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, my V S  6 E C side lock is up for sale but i have only used 28/30 g cartridges, 32Gg seems a bit OTT

It was the end of the season ( Beaters day) was originally using 30 gram 6s but was pricking birds so swapped to the 32 5s later that day and that was more humane. 

1 minute ago, Clay cracker said:

It was the end of the season ( Beaters day) was originally using 30 gram 6s but was pricking birds so swapped to the 32 5s later that day and that was more humane. 

hello, maybe try on a pattern plate so you can get a better idea of what shoots best, mine has 1/4 full choke, i found those 28g 7.5s did ok for pigeon but 40 yards max.

My VS is half and full. I'll have to pattern it some time. I have been trying to get some permission door knocking for pigeons none so far! Have to keep trying, wouldn't mind a local shooting buddy/s. :good:

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, maybe try on a pattern plate so you can get a better idea of what shoots best, mine has 1/4 full choke, i found those 28g 7.5s did ok for pigeon but 40 yards max.

22 minutes ago, Clay cracker said:

That is a heavy load for that gun.

I doubt that changing from 30 gram no.6 to 32 gram no.5 made the difference. More likely your accuracy improved.