Does gun buying ever stop?

SlimRick

6 hours ago, JDog said:

In Lloydi's case he bought a ten gun cabinet and filled it with ten guns. As many will know the electronic lock on the cabinet failed and it remains locked and Lloydi is busy buying more guns.

You can never, I repeat never, have too many guns????

23 hours ago, Whitester said:

I wish I hadn’t bothered with the 6 gun cabinet and skipped straight to the 10.

the good thing about cabinets is that the missus can’t see inside them  and whenever I come back from shooting she’s asleep so they go back I unseen too :)

lucky me,i dont have a wife i just buy what i want.

"Oh dear!" I think I've made a boob boo.

About 12 years ago I had 6 guns but gave them up when we moved onto a boat. Now back in a house and have started again. Just installed a two gun cabinet. But while waiting for my "ticket" I have already earmarked 4 of the blighters. I think I may end up with a collection of cabinets as well. I thought (wrongly) that a small cabinet would limit me.

I did the same with watches. Bought one or two and now several years later I have 53.  BTW they are all a bargain, half price, investment, very rare, given to me, had this one for ages, looking after it for a mate and also, just waiting for the value to go up then selling it.

All of the above have worked at some time, in helping to keep the peace............and my testis in place.

I fear that guns will be going the same way as my watch collection.

You guys are actually all lucky...

You wife doesn't shoot!

Mine does, so it's 'hers' and 'his' guns. That means 2 clay guns, 2 'backup' guns, 2 SxS, plus the odd toys like 410, plus the ones that were passed down, and we're at 9 guns already... Oh, she also needed an air rifle of course, so add another 2 to the pile :-)

Oh, and *everything* also comes in twos... All the gear, and the game days etc etc. 

See, you ARE lucky :-)

Edited by buze

8 hours ago, buze said:

You guys are actually all lucky...

You wife doesn't shoot!

Mine does, so it's 'hers' and 'his' guns. That means 2 clay guns, 2 'backup' guns, 2 SxS, plus the odd toys like 410, plus the ones that were passed down, and we're at 9 guns already... Oh, she also needed an air rifle of course, so add another 2 to the pile :-)

Oh, and *everything* also comes in twos... All the gear, and the game days etc etc. 

See, you ARE lucky :-)

What happens if you get divorced, who gets custody?

1 minute ago, davewh100 said:

no autos then buze ?

Nope, not so far. Haven't even shot one to be honest... I think they might come quite handy in a hide, but I feel the cartridge picking up afterward might not be fun... Also I have to say, the few times I see 'careless' behaviour on shooting grounds is always from people using one... I shot  a round of compak last year, with the guy to my left using a semi auto, and ejecting his carts straight onto.... ME.. I was not impressed.

3 minutes ago, buze said:

Nope, not so far. Haven't even shot one to be honest... I think they might come quite handy in a hide, but I feel the cartridge picking up afterward might not be fun... Also I have to say, the few times I see 'careless' behaviour on shooting grounds is always from people using one... I shot  a round of compak last year, with the guy to my left using a semi auto, and ejecting his carts straight onto.... ME.. I was not impressed.

it's all i use now even tho i do have three o/u, like you say you do get the odd plonker with one. i use a magnetic pick up stick makes life a lot easier