The shooting world

team tractor

I’ve been shooting for 25 years now and I’ve noticed you get the helpful and the horrible.

you get the people that try their hardest to steal your permissions by any means like telling lies. These are people that are newish to the sport normally. Always trying to make you look a fool.

The helpful now.

The gents that have been shooting a long time. They give useful advice and I’m lucky to know a few.

The last 6 months my 11 year old daughter has got into shooting .

i took her to the range that fruit loop on here runs. Everyone was so nice to her and gave her so much advice it was great. Mostly from the older generation.

ive bought her a 410 shotgun for doing well at school and since then she’s been donated a

#camouflage/army jacket from a guy on my syndicate 

# a 410 cartridge belt off another guy who runs a shoot where I stalk . He had it as a child and he’s now 67.

# a hat off my mates mum . She found it on a clear out and it’s been in the cupboard 25 years.

# I had the 410 off wabbit bosher for £42 :) .

# the place I stalk has also said he’s setting her up a clay trap in his garden for her. :) 

# she also had a foraging bag off Mel b plus his old shooting seat.

Shes been spoilt. It puts my faith back in the shooting world.

on top of all this I’ve had loads of help off a lot on here from reloading lessons to shooting help

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

I’ve been shooting for 25 years now and I’ve noticed you get the helpful and the horrible.

you get the people that try their hardest to steal your permissions by any means like telling lies. These are people that are newish to the sport normally. Always trying to make you look a fool.

The helpful now.

The gents that have been shooting a long time. They give useful advice and I’m lucky to know a few.

i took her to the range that fruit loop on here runs. Everyone was so nice to her and gave her so much advice it was great. Mostly from the older generation.

ive bought her a 410 shotgun for doing well at school and since then she’s been donated a

# a 410 cartridge belt off another guy who runs a shoot where I stalk . He had it as a child and he’s now 67.

# a hat off my mates mum . She found it on a clear out and it’s been in the cupboard 25 years.

# I had the 410 off wabbit bosher for £42  .

# the place I stalk has also said he’s setting her up a clay trap in his garden for her.  

on top of all this I’ve had loads of help off a lot on here from reloading lessons to shooting help

It does help when your a nice guy as well TT. :yes:  Pleased to hear of the daughter taking an interest.

I think the shooting world is a pretty good cross section of the world and like the rest of the world I find most people are good folk, but a few bad uns we could certainly do without!

ive been lucky enough to meet TT's daughter and it's great she got his love of shooting but luckily for her she didn't get his face ?

you get the people that try their hardest to steal your permissions by any means like telling lies. 

i am afraid this happens a lot. i have had it happen to me twice in the last 20 years:mad:. once i took with a pinch of salt he never shot with me again. same for the last one. but i am very select now i only take 3 people shooting with me now never going to be had over again like that.

saying that the majority of shooting people are great. i have been taking a neighbour of mine doing a bit of target shooting and will probably get him to join my clay club.  but if i am honest am nervous about taking anyone stalking foxing ferreting etc on any of my land. 

your daughter sounds like she has the perfect mentor :good:

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It does help when your a nice guy as well TT.   Pleased to hear of the daughter taking an interest.

Cheers mate. 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

I think the shooting world is a pretty good cross section of the world and like the rest of the world I find most people are good folk, but a few bad uns we could certainly do without!

ive been lucky enough to meet TT's daughter and it's great she got his love of shooting but luckily for her she didn't get his face ?

Ha ha thanks mighty shrimp :)  . Hope to see you at garlands soon dude

3 minutes ago, ips said:

What a great post.

I believe the shooting fraternity (especially in the game scene) are the salt of the earth.

I think it helps when we all have the same passion ;) 

5 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

i am afraid this happens a lot. i have had it happen to me twice in the last 20 years:mad:. once i took with a pinch of salt he never shot with me again. same for the last one. but i am very select now i only take 3 people shooting with me now never going to be had over again like that.

saying that the majority of shooting people are great. i have been taking a neighbour of mine doing a bit of target shooting and will probably get him to join my clay club.  but if i am honest am nervous about taking anyone stalking foxing ferreting etc on any of my land. 

your daughter sounds like she has the perfect mentor :good:

Thank you. 

I haven’t a lot of money but she doesn’t want any. She appreciates rolling in the dirt , hunting , talking to the older generation and hearing stories. We make our own stuff and she loves it. 

She cleans her gun every outing and helps gut the bunnies or fish if we are on holiday. 

I think I’ve found my new best friend and she was under my nose the whole time

5 minutes ago, SPARKIE said:

or legs pmslf

Shame theirs a swear filter. ;) 

14 minutes ago, ips said:

She sounds an ideal daughter for an ideal dad ?

I don’t know about ideal ;) you haven’t seen me lol

13 minutes ago, Dougy said:

You get out of life what you put in TT, :good:

From what I've found of you TT your a top man, do anything to help others and more. It's good to hear story's like yours. 

All the best 

Cheers Dougy. You’ve helped me out so much tho. 

You are the reloading god :) .

let me know when your sorting that room . Mdf went up 30% to us this month :/ . 

Thank you. 

I haven’t a lot of money but she doesn’t want any. She appreciates rolling in the dirt , hunting , talking to the older generation and hearing stories. We make our own stuff and she loves it. 

She cleans her gun every outing and helps gut the bunnies or fish if we are on holiday. 

I think I’ve found my new best friend and she was under my nose the whole time

Shame theirs a swear filter.  

What more could you wish for? 

Sounds like you've got a little cracker there.

My 5 year old is starting to show an interest in all things outdoors and it fills me with hope that I'll have a shooting partner in a couple of years.

time with the kids in the field two boys two girls  (dad time ) or saltmarsh  all grown up now but still remember every outing the best shot of the day mine or theirs their first duck or pink  the sun rising over the wash / moon flight  or a summers evening on peas shooting pigeons  a well rounded youngster is a pleasure for everybody keep up the good work 

Great to hear about future generations enjoying the sport. I love reading positive threads like this

at 36, and only a relatively short term shooting (compared to most people on here) I have seen and heard a lot already. People attempting to steal others lands, and I have seen some extremely generous acts. I work in an area I often see the worst in people, so when I see these kind acts it always reminds me how nice most people are.

i have 2 young children, at 2 and 5, I’m hoping they follow in my foot steps into the field. I always make sure they help unload the shot game etc

the youngest, my daughter at just 2, loves nothing more and carrying a dead pheasant, but strange watching her stroke it like a pet. 

Keep uo the great work promoting the sport and what a great way to spend time with the kids

Never know, maybe the next amber hill in the making 

40 minutes ago, Dazza9t9 said:

Great to hear about future generations enjoying the sport. I love reading positive threads like this

at 36, and only a relatively short term shooting (compared to most people on here) I have seen and heard a lot already. People attempting to steal others lands, and I have seen some extremely generous acts. I work in an area I often see the worst in people, so when I see these kind acts it always reminds me how nice most people are.

i have 2 young children, at 2 and 5, I’m hoping they follow in my foot steps into the field. I always make sure they help unload the shot game etc

the youngest, my daughter at just 2, loves nothing more and carrying a dead pheasant, but strange watching her stroke it like a pet. 

Keep uo the great work promoting the sport and what a great way to spend time with the kids

Never know, maybe the next amber hill in the making 

My 2 year old daughter talks to the ducks ???  But maybe she doesn’t understand death. 

The other 2 while growing up have helped gut fish and ask what each part is. I like it.

Edited by team tractor

On 2/24/2018 at 19:37, team tractor said:

The helpful now.

# I had the 410 off wabbit bosher for £42  .

# the place I stalk has also said he’s setting her up a clay trap in his garden for her.  

thank tt for the nice comment about everyone at the shoot. some of them have a nasty streak but you know them to well  lol . i may have my new ruger 243 by then i hope and you and the others can tell me what a grate rifle i have got

you are right about Edwin he is a honest and true gent and friend  

Edited by fruitloop