Looks promising.

Jrshooter

Just a update .Have a lab which is not interested in retrieving no matter  how I tried it wasn’t going to happen.on a clear up day at the end of season she picked a bird ,nobody was more amazed than me,thought it was just a one off  but today we walked some woods only got a couple of shots off downed a pigeon in thick undergrowth to my surprise she didn’t hesitate and picked the bird.shooting was **** but that retrievemade my day.feeling hopeful!

I don't want to be negative, but why would you take a dog shooting that won't retrieve? The dog can't have had a proper training regime. Any dog should be retrieving game before it ever goes out shooting. If i were you I would try going back to basics if you ever hope of having a useable gundog. Hopefully you can sort it out.

Not all dogs are natural retrievers  unfortunately this ones not .you can leed a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. I have two other labs one now retired , still take my other one for retrieving.if the young one gets it fine if she doesn’t it’s not the end of the world as she is a brilliant flushing dog. Small steps but I think she’ll get there.