Roost shooting - my last day at the pigeons for a while

Big Al

We don' have pigeon numbers like some of you lads over the water, so this little roost shoot will be my last shot at the pigeons until August. Got a few - missed a few. But that' what roost shooting is all about!

I also brought the apprentice along - Bear the yellow lab. 

2 hours ago, Kraai said:

Nice shooting...  wich rc steel are you using? I use rc steel 32 gr nr 5 for pigeons 

RC Atomic line. I think they are 32g 4s or 5s. I originally bought them as a wildfowl load a few years back but i really only use 3" steel 3s now for ducks.

19 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

Some good shooting, as usual.

It will be interesting to see how the Apprentice fairs on the wildfowl, if that is your intention.

Thanks Cranfield - I'll be very interested in how that pans out too. He is certainly not afraid of water and swims well. Early indications are satisfactory. 

22 hours ago, ollie said:

Love a bit of roost shooting, you certainly had a right evening at them. Good luck with bear.

10 hours ago, mossy835 said:

i will be roost shooting well in to march.

Thanks for the comments. I only roost shoot in February.  It is simply as we don't have huge pigeon numbers here - they are pairing up and I'll let them breed. Corvids are a different matter though.

3 hours ago, mrpip said:

Great video again Al, did the pup manage a retrieve or did Ted take charge. 

Thanks - the pup isn' too sure about the feathers yet. He finds the bird but is still a bit reluctant to pick them up. I have pigeon and pheasant wing dummies and he is starting to pick them up so it should come ok. He hunts like a pro and has even flushed birds Ted missed! It'l come. I'm in no hurry and will give him the time he needs.