Weather forcast

ditchman

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I'm all for a bit of care and consideration but what is wrong with the country?

There are a few inches of snow here and there, it is the lead story on the news and the country seems to be in lockdown; what is wrong with people, whatever happened to personal responsibility/accountability?

***, it's like we have never seen it before, shops have run out of food, schools are shut, the railways have given up and we are told not to travel unless its essential.

Get over it, get used to it, deal with it!

Edited by Dekers

A friend in Idaho said last night they had about 24 inches to add to the 30 odd they already had and he is just running his plough  fixed to his truck to keep the driveway and local roads clear.

The media need something to feed on. The five people killed in the last day or two are on average about normal and looking at a couple of the accidents, the weather had nothing to to with it.

I'm off to Lincolnshire tomorrow come what may, but there again I have a Landie.  The A1 at Stamford was in chaos but there was only an inch or two. Local authorities had afiled to salt the roads again.

Just saw the penguin bit on MSN news :rolleyes::no::rolleyes:

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, Dekers said:

Look, I'm all for a bit of care and consideration but what is wrong with the country?

There are a few inches of snow here and there, it is the lead story on the news and the country seems to be in lockdown; what is wrong with people, whatever happened to personal responsibility/accountability?

***, it's like we have never seen it before, shops have run out of food, schools are shut, the railways have given up and we are told not to travel unless its essential.

Get over it, get used to it, deal with it!

Yes things aint what they used to be .... Red sore rings around your legs from the Wellies walking to school through the Snow blizzards.  No excuses get there in time for the Bell.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

just been to tesco walking like a penguin, as i passed the hospital the medics ran out and threw me a fish

did the same thing near Brundall medical center....girl came out and gave me a tube of Anusol...for my old farmer giles..........

14 minutes ago, Dekers said:

Funny how we can all travel miles and work outside all day for this, but the trains and buses can't deliver folk to their nice warm offices and shops, or they consider the car drive to much of a H&S risk!?

5a96d7392e598_Download17_12.11256.jpg.c286c862187a3264c193315bd06f0f78.jpg5a96d759493b0_Download17_12.11253.jpg.582a8aa8ab628297be128423f5c6c0f9.jpg

Teachers can't get to the Schools but ...... I'll bet some can get to the Ski resorts.