Afternoon stalk

So the wife and the lad went off to London to watch a show so I thought I might as well go out for a Sunday afternoon stalk.

i went to one of my permissions where I know they are a lot of deer showing at the moment. I got to one piece of woodland about 3pm and parked the car and got my kit together. I started of walking down the edge of a ride and watched half a dozen pheasants feeding at one of the hoppers that had been left out. I slowly stalked down the end of the ride where it meets another one that runs horizontally to the ride I was on. I had a quick scan to my right and spotted a old muntjac buck feeding about 70 yards away. I watched him for a few moments to make sure he wasn’t aware of me, and to make sure there was a decent back. I slowly set up the quad sticks and took the rifle off my shoulder and set up for the shot. I pulled back the blot and chambered a round, put the cross hairs on him and sent a 100gn pill straight to the boiler room. Watched him for a few moments to make sure he was down. Then went to check him out. 

9A297C95-9718-40EA-A296-B22B851161AD.jpeg